WR450 Yamaha Jet Kit. What needle Position???

3 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted April 25, 2006 - 10:47 AM

I just bought the GYT-R Yamaha jet kit for my 05 WR450, but the needle has about 6 positions. Anyone put this on their bike yet? What position did you put the clip.

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted April 25, 2006 - 01:13 PM

4th position is the standard starting place. Look in the top two posts in the wr section. All the info is right there for the taking. You are most likely going to need to re-jet the whole carb after doing the mods though....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matthewdcross

Posted April 28, 2006 - 10:06 PM

the GYTR kit comes with a 48 pilot jet, I put that in and a 168 main jet and mine runs great. 2 turns out on fuel mixture screw. All free mods done, 2006 WR450FV

• matthewdcross

Posted April 28, 2006 - 10:09 PM

I just bought the GYT-R Yamaha jet kit for my 05 WR450, but the needle has about 6 positions. Anyone put this on their bike yet? What position did you put the clip.

Forgot to tell you the answer to your question. 4th position from top, and I think it says that in the directions with your AIS removal kit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.