01 wr426 chain?

2 replies to this topic
  • YZPWR

Posted October 15, 2001 - 02:38 PM

How is the stock chain on a new 01 or 02 WR426? Is it a o ring or regular chain? Whatever they are could you take a few rides on them without having to change them? I hane heard thet dont last long at all. I have heard with the engine breaking if you let off the trottle on woops that it will have some tank slap if you are going fast, is that true?
THANKS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryce_Senff

Posted October 15, 2001 - 05:05 PM

My '01 wr426 does indeed have a O-ring on it.
As to lubing a chain, that question will open a can of worms. Some of the guys I roadrace with don't lube their chains at all, and others seem to use a whole can. The best lube I have seen put to use was actually a synthetic lube. My buddy sprayed the lube on his freshly cleaned chain while I spun the rear tire. I could not believe it after just a couple of turns the wheel spun much, much easier! I will try to get the name of the lube next time I see him. As for headshake in whoops when letting off the gas....I don't
seem to have any problems. I don't like to let off the gas in mid-whoop unless I want to inflict pain upon myself. I did have alittle
headshake at higher speeds, but that was cured when I set the rear sag at the proper level.
Happy tuning to You,
Bryce

------------------
Bryce Senff
WMRRA #201
WR426F
TL1000SV
CBR900RR
Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!

• Bryce_Senff

Posted October 15, 2001 - 05:10 PM

P.S.
O-ring chains will last for quit some time with proper maintainance. Can't say for dirt
bikes but my street bike will usually go about 20-30k and my roadrace bike has gone
3+ years and is still in spec.
Bryce

------------------
Bryce Senff
WMRRA #201
WR426F
TL1000SV
CBR900RR
Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.