How much for a suspension

36 replies to this topic
  • tmckeown

Posted April 25, 2006 - 10:50 PM

Hi,

Why buy Racetech or any other kind of valves ? It can be done shimming those original valves :crazy:

Timo Mc

• Matty05

Posted April 25, 2006 - 11:43 PM

Hi,

Why buy Racetech or any other kind of valves ? It can be done shimming those original valves :ride:

Timo Mc

And the stock pistons are great now days, no need to change them. :crazy:

• Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted April 26, 2006 - 04:10 PM

I kinda had a simular post going but this place is fairly local to me. I understand that you would have to ship yours there but this is the place I`ll be taking mine.

http://www.mcrsuspension.com/index.htm

• Atlasrider

Posted April 27, 2006 - 06:01 AM

I just had mine done by Danny Morgan @ PRS in Utah, he did:
Fork service and Re-valve= $130.00
Fork seals, Bushings etc= $28.oo
Shock service and revalve= $100.00
Total with tax $274.10
I found him on the RaceUSRA web site,
www.proracingsuspension.com
801-631-2911
He does good work,
he'll ask you a lot of questions to help him figure out how to do the set-up to meet your needs.
Performance suspension doesn't have to be expensive to be good.

• RaphFoFiddy

Posted April 27, 2006 - 06:48 AM

I fluctuate between 230-260 and it's not recommended It's damn near necessary. Factory Connection is pricey too (but I'd pay for it again in a heart beat) but alot of Racers that occasionally trail with me love their GPS suspension and they say they are the best bang for the buck around.

• tmckeown

Posted April 27, 2006 - 07:01 AM

Hi,

We are all individuals and have different driving style, weight, height etc. Suspensions on bikes are made for generic use. So the only way to get something that really fits your driving is by an expert that can do it by using your bikes own suspension. Buying a generic race-tech valve is still a generic racetech valve. It might be closer to the truth but... you got my point.

Timo Mc

• Strattos

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:29 PM

[quote name='Matty05']In comparison, in Australia it costs us about ~$300 for a re-valve ($US210) and $300 for springs ($US210). so that is equiv. to $US420 for revalve, springs, as well as oil, gas and labour./QUOTE]

Matty, have you had your suspension revalved? I'm just looking into it (02 WR426) and am interested to know how much of a difference it makes.

• GCannon

Posted April 28, 2006 - 09:41 AM

Stattos, I had my 426 resprung heavier i am 6.0 210lbs and revalved best money I ever spent much smother on small bumps and resists hard bottoming much better. My butt even feels better after long rides. The forks were the biggest differnce much less harsh DO IT! you will be happy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • avapxia

Posted October 10, 2006 - 03:19 AM

I have an 04 that was done by Factory Connection and it now works. From a shop experience that sent all internals to FC to be revalved and the detailed survey they required from the rider (weight, type of terrain, speed, etc.) I have never even heard a rumor of anyone being dissatisfied. And this since the mid 90s.

Totally unrelated though I was looking at stock specs of the 04 WR450 which had the spring rates for the US/CDN model, the Europe, and Australian version.
The US had the stiffest fork and the Euro. the softest, the Australian was halfway in between. The weird thing was that the shock spring in the Ausi model was stiffer than the US? Is that a more dessert appropriate setting where one sits at the fender and cranks it out on 5th gear for hours?

• MxnDoc

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:12 PM

MXJunky is 200 pounds, and rides his Dub on the track more than trail. The suspension just doesn't hang in bigger whoop sections.

Do you always talk about yourself in the third person sense.....junky!

• tcmII

Posted May 01, 2007 - 01:27 PM

I just had mine done by MCR suspension (link is in earlier post) haven't rode it yet but already feels different just putting it together.

I had both forks and rr shock revalve/rebuild, I don't remember exactly, but cost was around $400. I already had the new springs, both on ebay for less then $100. They probably cost +$200 retail.

• nickeenoo

Posted May 01, 2007 - 07:11 PM

I just had mine done by Danny Morgan @ PRS in Utah, he did:
Fork service and Re-valve= $130.00
Fork seals, Bushings etc= $28.oo
Shock service and revalve= $100.00
Total with tax $274.10
I found him on the RaceUSRA web site,
www.proracingsuspension.com
801-631-2911
He does good work,
he'll ask you a lot of questions to help him figure out how to do the set-up to meet your needs.
Performance suspension doesn't have to be expensive to be good.

I'll second Danny Morgan. I grew up in his hometown and know a lot of people with his suspension setups and everyone is happy.

• xrmarty

Posted May 01, 2007 - 10:22 PM

My WR is currently at ESP in Tujanga getting the respring/ revalve job. I will be paying $725. You will not regret it. Getting your suspension dialed in makes one of the most profound improvements in handling that you can get for your buck.

• ffgman

Posted May 03, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Had my 07 done by factory connection, couldnt be happier. I would recommend using a bigger shop like them or pro-circuit because they have more money for r and d, more test riders etc.Me and all my riding buddies use fact connection with no complaints.

• dwnlowx

Posted May 03, 2007 - 08:49 PM

900 is a great price

• Greenroom

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:19 AM

RG3 quoted me $650.00 for revalve and sprung. They are in So-Cal.:applause:

• matts06yzf

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:31 AM

Enzo= awesome

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.