xr650l rear fender (crf450r) pics

12 replies to this topic
  • desert4seat

Posted April 24, 2006 - 08:23 PM

So…
i put a 450 rear fender / Baja designs LED / & homemade turn signal bracket on my 06 L. Hope the pics come out….

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• xr-jorger

Posted April 24, 2006 - 08:39 PM

looks really good man, I was wondering if tht would be nice. Now I know and will do that but in black. looks awsome :thumbsup:

• desert4seat

Posted April 24, 2006 - 08:55 PM

thanks bro, here's a couple more shots...some better angles

Posted Image

Posted Image

• TREADMARKS

Posted April 25, 2006 - 02:38 AM

Nice bike and fender ya got there.

What year was the crf450 fender from?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted April 25, 2006 - 02:46 AM

Looks good!

Way better than that stock droopy one.

I like it. :thumbsup:

• xr-jorger

Posted April 25, 2006 - 05:45 AM

do those leds light up red, and how do they work with your stock wiring as far as the draw on your batt. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desert4seat

Posted April 25, 2006 - 07:25 AM

Yeah, the LED’s in the light are red…tail and brake. It’s a super simple hook up to the original wiring. 3 wires into 3 wires. And its less draw…a lot less!
I believe the fender is off an 00 to 04. Just don’t get the “flo red” color – it looks more pink than red. This particular fender is a UFO, color – RED. As you can see, it’s pretty close to the red of the original (front) fender.
It’s actually a pretty easy job…sold the original 06 fender and light for about $80 on e-bay. Bought the LED, fender, blinkers, stainless hardware and steel for about $115-120 …took my time, cut the fender down to fit, fabbed up a signal mount, made some tabs for the sides, wired and bolted it all together. I would recommend buying JUST the light from Baja Designs, and making your own bracket. The plastic (under the fender) thing they sold me was ok, but I ended up cutting it all to hell anyways. I thought I needed it, but the light can be mounted on anything. An aluminum mount would be much better

• TREADMARKS

Posted April 25, 2006 - 08:51 AM

I believe the fender is off an 00 to 04.

Bought the LED, fender, blinkers, stainless hardware and steel for about $115-120 …took my time, cut the fender down to fit, fabbed up a signal mount, made some tabs for the sides, wired and bolted it all together.

D4S,

Thanks for the info. I purchased a crf450 fender off ebay to play with, but it looked so different I never tried to hack it down to make it fit. Could you shed a little light (or a pic maybe :thumbsup: ) on your install, cause it sure turned out great on yours. :thumbsup: .

• Boston Mangler

Posted October 15, 2006 - 02:41 PM

Looks Nice!

• rebelventurer

Posted October 15, 2006 - 03:50 PM

Nice job there desert4seat! Looks cool let us know how it lasts. What kind of crazy exhaust can is that, is it loud, looks lower than stock? Or is it because your fender is way higher than stock.

• kelleyseiler

Posted October 15, 2006 - 04:08 PM

thanks bro, here's a couple more shots...some better angles

Posted Image

Posted Image

What kind of pipe is that?

• ghoti

Posted October 16, 2006 - 05:07 AM

Is there any bracing to hold up the assembly? I've heard that that type of setup typically flops around a good bit in the dirt, even heard of the rear tire taking one out.

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 16, 2006 - 09:01 AM

That looks sweet! How is the fender & light on rough terrain? Any signs of stress? Does it bounce around at all? Looks pretty sturdy to me from the pics. Great job man!
Bill

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.