FMF Power Core 4 Q muffler

3 replies to this topic
  • ouch1

Posted October 15, 2001 - 10:19 AM

Has any one used one of these? Any suggestions on aftermarket exhaust?

• BlueThunder

Posted October 15, 2001 - 10:23 AM

Heard one on an XR250 that a USFS Ranger was patrolling on. Was impressively quiet but I don't know about the performance? I'm waiting
to hear some feedback cause I would consider shelling out for one if it ran like my uncorked stock pipe. Thta's not asking for too much..is it? Posted Image

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin(plus everythhing else cool that Ty offers), Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted October 15, 2001 - 12:38 PM

I have one on my ’01 YZ. It does not run like a stock corked WR pipe, I do think it robbed a little low end over a stock YZ but it may rev out even quicker.

It is quieter than a stock YZ, but a little louder than a stock 520 EXC for example (and as large as a stock EXC silencer). But my bike does sound very much like that bike would if it revved to 11k.

Much, much, much quieter than my old PC T4, that is for certain.

If you want a lighter pipe for your WR that will gain power but isn’t excessively loud or expensive your best bet is a used YZ can IMO. Beyond that I don’t think there is really that much difference among the zillion aftermarket pipes you can get. White Brother’s and FMF products are tried and true, although that new Dubach pipe is supposed to work well. The Arrow system that is starting to be imported is supposedly quieter than all these but it is even MORE expensive, if you can believe that, and doesn’t have an S/A that I am aware of.

Hope this helps.

• ouch1

Posted October 15, 2001 - 12:46 PM

Looking for a lighter can. dont really care about how loud it is...........Thanks for the help!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.