Is there a service manual on CD for a 2006 WR450 or is it still the old fashion Book?

8 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:45 PM

Going to get a manual for my bike, as i do for all my toys, just wondering if they can be gotten on CD or if you still have to buy the book from Yamaha

• OneToGo

Posted April 25, 2006 - 03:05 AM

Going to get a manual for my bike, as i do for all my toys, just wondering if they can be gotten on CD or if you still have to buy the book from Yamaha

Dont know about a CD but PDF download (I think 32Mb) in four languages is available free on the Aussie Yamaha website. Takes about 5 mins with a sahred wireless BB conection. If you are going to start you computer and use a CD anyway, this may save you some $ and is arguable more convenient than the CD option, especially for search functions. I have both book and pdf. :thumbsup:

• odonnks

Posted April 25, 2006 - 05:23 AM

Aussie web site here > http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• albertlui

Posted April 25, 2006 - 06:54 AM

Great~~~
Searching the Manual in Acrobat Reader is easier than in the book.
And easy to share with others.
:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted April 25, 2006 - 07:06 AM

Thanks but that's the owners manual, im looking for the repair/service manual.

• spritefiend

Posted April 25, 2006 - 08:14 AM

im looking for the hard copy 2006 service manual myself, i keep finding stuff online for a wr450fr... is that the full model name?

• MountainMax

Posted April 25, 2006 - 12:34 PM

I love having info on my toys, I even have a service manual on CD in PDF form on my 1938 Plymouth.....

• OneToGo

Posted April 26, 2006 - 06:13 AM

Thanks but that's the owners manual, im looking for the repair/service manual.

I have read this manual "cover to cover". I'm not being picky but there is enough info in there to rebuild a bike including all testing and associated tolerances of parts. I dont know if Yamaha make anything more deatiled - otherwise you may have to go to a 3rd party manual - if they exist yet.
If any one finds one, please post details, thanks..
:crazy:

• MountainMax

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Well the service manual will have breakdown pictures and diagrams, torque specs, that kind of stuff too. but the more info the better

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.