Thanks To Ricky Stator!

4 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:35 PM

I had purchased a used 2000 XR600R from a dude who had monkey rigged the wiring, and have been fighting it for a week or so TRYING TO REWIRE & CORRECT THE BAD STUFF. Thanks to all who helped in this forum, I learned a lot about my bike, and also learned what a good bunch of dudes are in this jernt. Anywho, I was gonna get a new stator, and all the other ASSOCIATED BS I figured I "might as well get" (you know how that goes). I called up Ricky Stator today, and told him that I needed a stator. He asked what it was for, etc, and then asked how I knew my stator was bad. I explained and he replied that stators usually dont go bad for the lighting portion, but the ignition goes first mostly. He walked me thru troubleshooting, and we discovered that all I had wrong was a previous owner modified green wire that was going to my lights, rather than ground. I.e. it should have been a blue wire....Somehow I overlooked it (I'm an idiot), I connected it, fired it up, and BLING, LIGHTS!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU RICKY STATOR! That is service, he could have let me order a stator for $130 and to figure it out for myself, but, he hooked a brother up. I didn't even ask. THAT is awesome. I'll be doing business with them in the future without a doubt!!!

• Jon-D

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:46 PM

it is nice to hear about companies that go the extra mile for their customers (or potential customers). I may be purchasing a rewound stator in the near future and he will be my first call.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr500_89

Posted April 24, 2006 - 09:13 PM

it is nice to hear about companies that go the extra mile for their customers (or potential customers). I may be purchasing a rewound stator in the near future and he will be my first call.

yeah unlike xr's only...

• TimBrp

Posted April 25, 2006 - 02:48 AM

Many dealers have tried to get a contract w/ Ricky stator to sell his goods to no avail. He must like to deal directly with the customer...?

• slepe67

Posted April 25, 2006 - 02:57 PM

yeah unlike xr's only...

That's what I hear.....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.