50 pilot

8 replies to this topic
  • Darth Wader

Posted April 24, 2006 - 03:25 PM

This may be a silly question but, has anyone tried a 50 pilot jet? Indy's chart basically sticks to a 48 for most situations. Does the 50 make it too rich off the bottom even in colder weather?

Thanks for any insight.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:40 PM

Matty and Tarflee use a 50 pilot. It is OK if you are running a leaner main and needle settings with heavy mods. I just find it too rich for most everything but seriously cold weather. Try a JD blue needle before going to a 50 pilot. The needle tip taper overlaps with the pilot circuit so needle clip position and needle tip size make a difference in the overlap. :thumbsup:

• pkcof

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:12 PM

I'm assuming that you're using a #48 pilot now - just out of curiosity, what position do you have your fuel screw ? If it is between 1 ~ 2 turns out the going to a #50 will definately richen it up to the point where you may not have much adjustment left with your fuel screw ...

• Matty05

Posted April 24, 2006 - 11:38 PM

Matty and Tarflee use a 50 pilot. It is OK if you are running a leaner main and needle settings with heavy mods. I just find it too rich for most everything but seriously cold weather. Try a JD blue needle before going to a 50 pilot. The needle tip taper overlaps with the pilot circuit so needle clip position and needle tip size make a difference in the overlap. :thumbsup:

Nah mate, back to a 48, just about a 45 in the monsoon build up (very hot and humid).

Vacuum plate was on upside down. I was actually using a 52 there for a week or two!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted April 24, 2006 - 11:50 PM

Hi,

I got a 50 on my bike.

It really depends also on mods you have done

Timo Mc

• Darth Wader

Posted April 25, 2006 - 08:00 AM

What did you do (intake wise) to get a good mix ratio with that pilot?

• tmckeown

Posted April 25, 2006 - 08:21 AM

HI,

I have a twinair gage and filter, then you should get good fuel screw that can be turned with out tools. I recommed Stealth, I tried Zip-Ty but O-rings they use are crap and after first time I warm engine up it shrinked.

Head is also ported

Timo Mc

• MTRider

Posted April 25, 2006 - 02:10 PM

Where can the Stealth fuel screw be found? I did some quick searches and found nothing.

Thanks for your help

• tmckeown

Posted April 25, 2006 - 11:07 PM

Hi,

From here:

http://www.stealthracingtech.com/

Timo Mc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.