Yz 426 pipe ?

5 replies to this topic
  • byw

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:56 AM

I just bought a 2001 yz426,it has a FMF Q pipe on it Saturday during the rain I decided to put on the stock pipe just for fun.Took it out for a little ride bike seems to rev much qiucker with the stock pipe on.Bike runs great with FMF pipe put does rev up a little slower no bog or anything just not as snappy when you grab a hand full of throttle.Anyone have any suggestions on how to make FMF pipe perform as good as stock.Thanks yes I 'm a newbie so be gentle. :thumbsup:

• Climber

Posted April 24, 2006 - 06:32 AM

Not an expert by any means, but I have experienced the same thing on my 400f. However I did notice a much broader power band with the FMF, where the stock appears to make it's power up high.

• Zique

Posted April 24, 2006 - 06:50 AM

have you been adjusting the fuel/air mixture between the two? It may make a bit of difference. Just a quick adjustment of the fuel screw really helped mine out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byw

Posted April 24, 2006 - 06:55 AM

That's what I was thinking of trying,when I put the FMF back on I will adjust the fuel screw a little.

• Zique

Posted April 24, 2006 - 07:12 AM

:thumbsup: let me know how it goes for you

• sldietz

Posted April 24, 2006 - 09:31 AM

The FMF is letting the bike breathe a little better so you need to adj the fuel mixture. Play around with it...always remember the number of turns you use either way...rich or lean...4 strokes are a bit tricky...try it one way...ride around...adj...if no good...go the other direction...you should find the sweet spot in no time. :thumbsup:

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.