Once dialed in (uncorked)

No replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:23 AM

Once all is right, dialed in that is, after you uncork, man what a fun bike. My cold starts are so easy now and idles right away now - no more need for playing with the gas and the choke to keep it running while cold (stock condition) I now start on half choke and take it off almost immediately and let it idle while I gear up, an occasional blip of the throttle during even the warm up process is crisp. I love my XR650L.

Mods: uncorked, IMS smog block off kit, UNI air filter, snorkle removed, Dynojet main (165) and needle (kehein 55 pilot), white brothers E-2 pipe, Baja Dsigns skid plate, acerbis fork and disc brake guard. Acerbis XR400 front fender, tank wings removed, XR's only temp dipstick (runs about 200 degrees on teh street and 240ish off road) Dunlop 606 tires.

Next mods: chain and sprockets (sidewinder) after the OEM wears out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.