Powercore TI Rocks!

18 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 23, 2006 - 08:10 PM

Ok well here's my report. Got my FMF Powercore in the mail on Thursday. Went riding this weekend and I must say I was very impressed with the power increase on my 2004 WR450. I'm currently running it without any insert in the baffle and it's just slightly louder than my stock exhaust with the baffle removed. I really don't think it's all that loud at all. Awesome pipe, really good mid and top end power. Low end is so-so but still love the new TI Powercore and highly recomend it to anyone. Can now pull wheelies in 4th gear with not much effort. I put 120 miles of desert riding on my WR with this new pipe and it runs great.

• OlaGB

Posted April 23, 2006 - 08:35 PM

So you did notice a real difference in power? I changed my stock (european model) to a fmf Q, and didnt notice sh|t.. I sold it after a short while, and i`m looking for a new one now.. The PO ti is probably the one to look since alot of you guys really like it..

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 23, 2006 - 08:39 PM

So you did notice a real difference in power? I changed my stock (european model) to a fmf Q, and didnt notice sh|t.. I sold it after a short while, and i`m looking for a new one now.. The PO ti is probably the one to look since alot of you guys really like it..

Oh yeah big improvment in the mid and top end range. Really like that pipe.

• Matty05

Posted April 23, 2006 - 08:53 PM

It is good to hear that you guys are starting to move away from the FMF Q/Q2
and find out what power really is! :thumbsup:

• pkcof

Posted April 23, 2006 - 09:14 PM

pretty much any decent pipe is an improvement over the stocker ... in my case i purchased the GYT-R and keep the original for strict club rides, you certainly notice the difference when you change back. I have also heard that the 'Q' doesn't necessarily give you a lot of bang for your buck but then again sometimes the law wins !!

• nitronaf

Posted April 23, 2006 - 09:33 PM

anyone happen to know what the differences are in the powercore4.1 and factory4.1 exhausts
i wanted a powercore but for some reason (i probably stuffed the order from tt) got the factory 4.1

• odonnks

Posted April 24, 2006 - 02:17 AM

YamahaWR450FMike - I'm intrested in this pipe too.
Was there any mods done to your stock pipe, (i.e. insert, baffel removal etc.)
I'm currently running a PMB insert and I've never piped one of these and can't figure what I want.
Its hard to imagine this thing running much better than it does now without extream noise and I have no riding buddies to compare it to.
Did you also replace the head pipe?

Thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 24, 2006 - 03:23 AM

I am amazed at how quiet the Powercore TI is yet it performs as well as my old powercore 4 which was louder. I got the optional quiet insert and I dont think I will need it for anywhere but Michigan that is 94 db. Great product but as Clark has found out dont crash on it since it is only pop can thick. :thumbsup:

Has anyone done a sound test to see how close we are to 96 db? :thumbsup:

• odonnks

Posted April 24, 2006 - 06:51 AM

A have access to sound pressure measurement equipment and plan to do some sort of testing for myself.
I know the regulated testing has some odd protocols but I don't know what they are. What is the best way to test?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 24, 2006 - 12:17 PM

YamahaWR450FMike - I'm intrested in this pipe too.
Was there any mods done to your stock pipe, (i.e. insert, baffel removal etc.)
I'm currently running a PMB insert and I've never piped one of these and can't figure what I want.
Its hard to imagine this thing running much better than it does now without extream noise and I have no riding buddies to compare it to.
Did you also replace the head pipe?

Thanks

My stock pipe only had the baffle removed that was it. No other mods to the stock pipe. I'm still running the stock header pipe. I have the JD jetting along with gray wire mod, throttle stop mod, twin air filter, air box mod and zip-ty fuel screw that's it and my WR is a rocket. Wow!

• Matty05

Posted April 24, 2006 - 11:42 PM

anyone happen to know what the differences are in the powercore4.1 and factory4.1 exhausts
i wanted a powercore but for some reason (i probably stuffed the order from tt) got the factory 4.1

Factory 4.1 is a better pipe that makes more horsepower. The core is larger too.

You definately got the right pipe out of these two! :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted April 24, 2006 - 11:44 PM

I am amazed at how quiet the Powercore TI is yet it performs as well as my old powercore 4 which was louder. I got the optional quiet insert and I dont think I will need it for anywhere but Michigan that is 94 db. Great product but as Clark has found out dont crash on it since it is only pop can thick. :thumbsup:

Has anyone done a sound test to see how close we are to 96 db? :thumbsup:

Aren't they 100db on a crf250? I'm guessing louder for WR!

• OlaGB

Posted April 25, 2006 - 08:40 PM

i ordered to Ti powercore now, so it better be as good as u guys say :crazy:

Maan i`m looking forward to get the parts, so i can rebuild my motor and start the season for real...!

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 26, 2006 - 01:54 AM

i ordered to Ti powercore now, so it better be as good as u guys say :crazy:

Maan i`m looking forward to get the parts, so i can rebuild my motor and start the season for real...!

You will love it! Trust me. A big improvment over the stock pipe.

• tmckeown

Posted April 26, 2006 - 03:55 AM

A have access to sound pressure measurement equipment and plan to do some sort of testing for myself.
I know the regulated testing has some odd protocols but I don't know what they are. What is the best way to test?

Hi,

Right way to measure sound level with 450 is 5200 rpm measure from 45 degree angle from the tip of silencer and 50cm away main exhaust gas out come. This is straight from FIM rules.

Timo Mc

• phxscooby101

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:53 AM

Hello all I am new to mods for my 06 wr450, do you guys have model #'s for the powercore ti? I see so many different types available I don't know which type you guys are talking about. Also who sells these exhausts at decent prices.Thanks Chad

• OlaGB

Posted April 26, 2006 - 08:07 AM

http://www.rockymoun...57&navType=type

• Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted April 26, 2006 - 04:20 PM

I went from a dented stock head pipe and uncorked silencer (the way I bought the bike) to a FMF P-bomb header and power core4sa. Power is better and it is really loud, I just purchased a quiet insert for it and it seems to be much better sound wise. I still haven`t gotten it out to ride it yet but inside the garage it is much quieter. With the strait P-C4 people 2 bikes in front of me could still hear me!!!

• OlaGB

Posted May 20, 2006 - 10:06 PM

Got the ti powercore mounted, and the bike started after rebuilding the engine yesterday..

Really happy about the Ti PC, allthough its loud for a streetplated bike.. Perhaps i`ll buy the silencer, but i`m not sure.. The sound is so deep and cool, so i might let it be this way :banana:

Cant say anything about difference from stock pipe, because its a long time since i was riding it, and i`ve done more mods now than before.. But it has NEVER been as fast as it is now :ride: Having both hotcams in it, drilled holes in airbox, and jetted almost perfect now!

Absolutely worth the 269$ it costs at rockymountains! Recomended!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.