UGH! 06 suspension is killing me!!!

28 replies to this topic
  • barch88

Posted April 24, 2006 - 03:34 PM

are you adding or taking away rebound clickers?.
turning the clicker in slows rebound, while turning it out speeds it up.

I was just confused on which screw is to bleed, and which is for clickers. My suspension is fine for now.

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:03 PM

Another suggestion. Try changing the fork oil along with the other ideas. The stock stuff never seems to last much past break in.

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:03 PM

Another suggestion. Try changing the fork oil along with the other ideas. The stock stuff never seems to last much past break in.

• lipskid

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:58 PM

Which screw do I unscrew? The one in middle or the one off to the side?

Off to the side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barch88

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Thats what I thought, thanks.

• ben_suhard

Posted April 24, 2006 - 06:00 PM

Lizard1,
I was wondering the same thing as Jamie -

are you adding or taking away rebound clickers?.
turning the clicker in slows rebound, while turning it out speeds it up.

You wrote in your original question that you took two clicks out of rebound when you should be winding two clicks in. I'm not flaming you, I just want to make sure you're adjusting them right coz MXA mag(yeah I know everyone hates MXA mag but it's my favourite mag) says the 06 YZ450 has the best suspension of all the bikes. I love my 06 YZ450 and I haven't even touched the clickers yet (I only just got it last Saturday), it handles way better than my old 03 KTM525.

Since, I have dropped the front to the first line, added 4 clicks compression and slowed kept the rebound the same. Rode at the beginning of the day like that and noticed the front was coming back aweful fast so, I took two more clicks out of rebound. Felt awesome!

However, after two more sessions, it felt almost worse than when I started the day. When you compress the suspension at a stand still, it acts like a pogo stick - even after slowing the rebound 4 total clicks!!
UGH!

• Lizard 1

Posted April 25, 2006 - 03:32 AM

First off, set the rear sag at 105mm, which is about 4 1/8 inches, this will help take some tension off of the front end. Try the folowing clicker settings'

Fork
Comp 15
Rebound 8

Shock
Comp(low speed) 14
Comp(high speed) 2 turns out
Rebound 10

Thanks for the baseline - will try over the weekend, hopefully if it doesn't rain!!

• Lizard 1

Posted April 25, 2006 - 03:37 AM

Lizard1,
I was wondering the same thing as Jamie -

You wrote in your original question that you took two clicks out of rebound when you should be winding two clicks in. I'm not flaming you, I just want to make sure you're adjusting them right coz MXA mag(yeah I know everyone hates MXA mag but it's my favourite mag) says the 06 YZ450 has the best suspension of all the bikes. I love my 06 YZ450 and I haven't even touched the clickers yet (I only just got it last Saturday), it handles way better than my old 03 KTM525.

I'm sorry for being so bad at explaining... I meant I took two clicks of rebound out - to me, I was saying that I slowed the rebound down by turning "in" two clicks. Taking away rebound. Sorry - it gets kinda confusing when we all talk "clicks" and such.

I understand turning them in slows it down and turning them "out" speeds it up. In road racing, we usually state "Take out some rebound" which means slow the rebound down... I'll learn the terminology soon...I hope!

• ben_suhard

Posted April 25, 2006 - 04:40 AM

I'm sorry for being so bad at explaining... I meant I took two clicks of rebound out - to me, I was saying that I slowed the rebound down by turning "in" two clicks. Taking away rebound. Sorry - it gets kinda confusing when we all talk "clicks" and such.
I understand turning them in slows it down and turning them "out" speeds it up. In road racing, we usually state "Take out some rebound" which means slow the rebound down... I'll learn the terminology soon...I hope!

No worries. I getcha now. I hope you get it sorted.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.