Do Canadian Bought WR450f have the smog air injection like the US?

1 reply to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted April 23, 2006 - 02:19 PM

I read you guys in the US of A buy a kit to block off the air injection polution device, do this come on the canadian models also?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted April 23, 2006 - 02:59 PM

Yes they do. :thumbsup: The bikes are the same as the US models now.
We even get flagged at the DMV when street plating now.
Used to be we could walk in and get a street plate ,no questions asked when the bike is new. Now you need a safety unless your lucky.
My buddy just switched his 03 WR 250 blue plate to a new 06 WR 250 with out a safety and got a bit of a run around. The girl at the DMV thought she was doing something wrong as she kept getting a flag saying it was for off road use only. My buddy explained that the bike was the same model only newer.
She asked for the manager to assist her. She asked my buddy a few questions and decided to call the dealer where the bike was purchased.
The dealer just told here the bike was a dual sport and he got the plate.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.