Oil change help !!

6 replies to this topic
  • srsonicseller

Posted April 22, 2006 - 05:16 PM

I just got a 2003 WR450, did oil change today but have questions. After changing filter and checking screen in front below radiators making sure it was clean as per owners manual - I installed new oil, measured correct amount per owners manual. After I started bike for a couple minutes , I pulled dip stick and oil started coming out? What is going on? :thumbsup:

• redmansz400

Posted April 22, 2006 - 05:40 PM

I installed new oil, measured correct amount per owners manual.

on the dipstick or by the quart?

• jerryls

Posted April 22, 2006 - 08:28 PM

Turn off the engine when you check the oil.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailordune

Posted April 22, 2006 - 09:26 PM

sounds like you put too much in if bike was not running when you checked it.

• redmansz400

Posted April 22, 2006 - 09:53 PM

when i picked up my new suzuki 400 from the dealer i checked it and they had the crankcase and the resivour full. check the level while it is hot but not on

• David37

Posted April 23, 2006 - 12:05 AM

After you start your bike, turn it off and let your bike sit for a 3-5 minutes before you check the oil level.

• OlaGB

Posted April 23, 2006 - 12:17 AM

Sounds like you didnt drain out all the oil, or put in more oil than the specs tells you to..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.