Rode for the first time this week...

3 replies to this topic
  • T H O R

Posted April 22, 2006 - 12:42 PM

Well, I took out the bike for the first time, before I went I lubed up the steering stem bearings, front and rear wheel bearings/axles, and all rear linkage bearings. It really needed it, so if you havent already went through your new bike and packed the bearings with a ton of grease, you should.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to order more dust covers though, because after time and time of taking them off and lubing them I figure they will get weaker and streched out so I would like to pick up extras.

Anyways, I didnt even touch the suspension or forks, just got on the bike and rode. I did the manuals break-in, then went home, changed oil and filter, seemed dirty, then rode some more the next day, changed oil and filter now the bike should be broken in.

After I broke it in, it started poping more and in need for a re-jet, so that is my next thing on the list to do. Other than that it ran great and Im very happy with the bike. I sprayed some Armor All on the plastics and under fenders, mud seemed to "slide" off and come off alot easier with it on there when I washed it. I also found that Gumout Carb/Choke cleaner works wonders on the chain and other hard to get spots where theres heavy mud or dirt/oil build up, comes right off! :thumbsup:

I was reading and everyone said that 140/70 is a good place to start with the jetting correct?

I was also looking for some graphics or blue plastics for the bike, does anyone know who sells them? My cousin tore a small hole in my graphics when helping me load the bike and I would like to see some that would look good with the yellow plastics, or I just may put blue plastics on it and get the team graphic kit...

Yeah, it was a blast! Lots of power from my 250 2-smoke...tons of fun!

• RoughR1der

Posted April 22, 2006 - 12:52 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • T H O R

Posted April 22, 2006 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I had it confused. Thanks.

• NYMXer

Posted April 22, 2006 - 01:18 PM

I'm at 48/168 and very happy. :thumbsup:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.