oil change

4 replies to this topic
  • wrrich

Posted April 22, 2006 - 11:40 AM

how do you bleed the oil on a wr426 2002 after an oil change :thumbsup:

• redmansz400

Posted April 22, 2006 - 05:42 PM

did you over fill it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrrich

Posted April 23, 2006 - 01:26 AM

hi no i changed the oil and filter an was told you have to bleed it through.
can you help :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• kenmcl

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:05 PM

the manual says to loosen one of the bolts directly above the oil filter, start the bike and wait for a max of one minute to see oil begin to ooze from the loosened bolt. This is done to confirm that the new oil after the change is circulating properly. Once oil is seen, turn off bike, tighten and the oil change is complete.

from memory, there are two small bolts, it is the one to the left...check with the manual for the diagram... :thumbsup:

• Numskull

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:53 PM

Its nice to have a service manual for theses bikes, its really worth it for $30.

Did you change the filter and drain the frame?

My 2002 manual says to loosen the oil galley located at the back of the head, its that aluminum tube that comes up from the crankcase to the head. And to verify that oil is circulating. It says to make sure oil is seeping with one minute,after starting it, but I would say closer to 15 secs if not immediately.

Theres nothing to bleed, its just to verify your oil is pumping. I personally don't do it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.