Buying WR400 maybe...

2 replies to this topic
  • Yamaha rulezzz

Posted April 22, 2006 - 11:16 AM

I am sort of new to dirtbikes, I only have one and its a Suzuki
Dr 350 SE it's a 97 so its old but still runs great. Im thinking
that I want the wr400 2000 for my next step up bike. I have read alot on this forum and have heard good thingz about it including its wicked POWER :thumbsup: Are there any downsides
to this bike besides the year? I know its risky buying a 00 but its only $2000. Opinions greatly appreciated thx.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lok47

Posted April 22, 2006 - 12:07 PM

I've got a WR400 supermoto and it's a great bike. I've done some work to it and it is surpisingly torqy and quick. There is a technique to get it started, but that is the only weird thing about the bike I can think of. It's been pretty reliable and tons of fun.

• bluebike1999

Posted April 22, 2006 - 04:15 PM

go for it.
of course, many would say spend a bit more and get an electric start 450 or something like that, but coming from a dr350, you'll be stoked.
i love mine. make sure you change your oil and filter often (500 ks or less)
there is a wealth of info here about them
great place to get bits for them, if you need them
here is where you identify and part numbers you may need
the general consensus on tyres is a mich s12 upfront and a maxxis on the rear.
do the yz timing mod, if it hasnt already been done
and try this in 4th gear

have fun good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.