Cycle World May 2006

1 reply to this topic
  • Cobalt650

Posted April 22, 2006 - 08:18 AM

Well,
They put the XR650L up against a BMW HP2, Husqvarna TE610 and a KTM 950. Also, they had full detail on the 2007 Honda replacement for the XR650L. Just kidding on that part. The Honda cost half as much as some of the others, but still did OK, I think. However, they did keep referencing the "cramped riding position?" I'm about 6'5", looking to get an L this fall, and I was a bit surprised by that. Anyhow, I think the XR650L stood up just fine in the street bike mag's eyes :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted April 22, 2006 - 08:37 AM

Funny how the ancient XRL is still hangin' in there. It's been almost 15 years & no cigar so after that we'll (probably) see some type of change, but then again, maybe not. :confused:

Probably one of the better non-biased write ups between the Big 4 (Hon, Kawi, Suzi & BMW) was in the Jan '04 Popular Mechanics. I know, it's an old guys mag, but my gramps got me into it... :bonk:

The XRL came in 3rd or 4th, doesn't really say.

They chose the KLR overall because it had a greater cruising range with the stock tank, a lower standover height & was "one of the best-handling street motorcycles on the planet." :thumbsup: I guess it's all a matter of opinion... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.