and the YZF 426?I own a DRZ400s and love it
for what it is ,especialy the e button
But need something lighter.I tried a yzf 426
today and loved it ,i mainly trail ride
which is better for trail riding the WR or
the YZF ?

• Wired_Monk

Posted October 14, 2001 - 04:46 PM

The WR is made for trail and enduro riding, the YZ is made for motorcross. The WR has a wide ratio transmission (hence WR), heavier flywheel, larger gas tank, headlight, taillight, more restrictive and quieter exhaust, and different timing.

I have friend that has a YZ426, it stalls to easy in tight trails, and its lowest gear is too high. He’s planning on getting a different flywheel and change a sprocket to gear it down, but then it won’t have the top speed of the WR.

I have a WR400, its much better at everything except motorcross. However, if you get the WR you will likely want to get an aftermarket pipe, and you may want to switch to the YZ timing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Colorado426

Posted October 16, 2001 - 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Wired_Monk:
The WR is made for trail and enduro riding, the YZ is made for motorcross. The WR has a wide ratio transmission (hence WR), heavier flywheel, larger gas tank, headlight, taillight, more restrictive and quieter exhaust, and different timing.

I have friend that has a YZ426, it stalls to easy in tight trails, and its lowest gear is too high. He’s planning on getting a different flywheel and change a sprocket to gear it down, but then it won’t have the top speed of the WR.

I have a WR400, its much better at everything except motorcross. However, if you get the WR you will likely want to get an aftermarket pipe, and you may want to switch to the YZ timing.

• Colorado426

Posted October 16, 2001 - 04:19 PM

I recently bought the yz after my long debate and I am very happy with no decision. I got the 02 yz for 5200 delivered to me. I really love the power and the ability to get up on the seat and turn. I used to ride a 00 kx250 and this bike is way better. I geared down a tooth in front and it is a great trail bike. I live in Leadville Colorado and I use it for a 100% trail riding. Either way you go you can't lose

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.