resale value

7 replies to this topic
  • strippedthread1

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:46 PM

I'm thinking about selling my R, I realize the bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but my question is what do you think would be a fair price?
02 650R
full FMF powercore with powerbomb header
uni filter
Scotts top triple clamp, damper, pro taper 1-1/8 bars
Trailtech Lynx computer with handlebar mounted remote, magnesium housing
Scotts rear rotor guard
Works Connection Rad guards
Works Connection skid plate
Replaced clutch guide/bushing
Kritters right footpeg
Eibach springs front and back for 240lbs. rider
Acerbis barkbusters
Tires in great shape
- all original parts
new brake pads
all the special tools go with it, fork, swing arm tools etc
plastic is in good shape, normal scratches from riding in the woods and from boots

Any idea what I should be able to get for it?

• SoCalrider21

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:52 PM

In all honesty probaly not too much. Because aftermarket parts hardly raise the price of a bike, unless of course it is at the dealer. Where they always raise the prices. But you might be happy for the price you get for it, but that is trying to think of what you will get for it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• adam574

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:31 PM

put all the original parts back on and sell the aftermarket ones on ebay. you will pretty much get the same price for the bike either way but you will make what i would guess is at least another 600 on ebay. just the exhaust alone would probably fetch 350. and the clamp with dampener may go for 250 plus all of the miscelanous stuff you have.

i say 3100 and the bike should sell quickly.

add that with the 600 from ebay and you got 3700 for a bike that will move quickly rather then trying to ask 3700 for it and not having anyone even call.

• snaggleXR650

Posted April 22, 2006 - 04:01 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted April 22, 2006 - 04:41 AM

Screw the price, why the sale???

• XR4DEZ

Posted April 22, 2006 - 02:55 PM

Tim there's only a few of us that can't live without a 650r.

• INI

Posted April 22, 2006 - 03:08 PM

PM sent...LET me know what you think :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted April 24, 2006 - 02:57 AM

Tim there's only a few of us that can't live without a 650r.

Guess your right. I'll miss my

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.