Graphics for a R

11 replies to this topic
  • CJPilot

Posted April 21, 2006 - 03:59 PM

Looks like Factory Effex discontinued thier stock replacement graphics for the pig and only offer some hidious looking replacements for 06. Called Baja Designs and they wont part with any of thiers. What's the deal? You guys know anywhere to get some OEM print graphics. I don't care what year they are from, I just want to find something that looks good. I'm feeling like the black sheep of the family here!

Thanks,
CJ

• SanJoseWR450F

Posted April 21, 2006 - 04:20 PM

What type of R? A 600 or 650?

• CJPilot

Posted April 21, 2006 - 04:36 PM

Sorry about that! It's a xr650r. :thumbsup:

• ztsd

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:56 PM

You could try Service Honda if you want OEM graphics. If you just want graphics you can keep an eye on eBay. I ‘won’ this set (haven’t put them on my bike yet) and I think they look good. The seat cover came with them...

Posted Image

• skyriver

Posted April 21, 2006 - 09:38 PM

That's sweet. I like the idea of more black. Not all black, but the black number plate is nice. Gotta get rid of my red 2000 seat. It's such a strange color.

• CJPilot

Posted April 22, 2006 - 09:28 AM

Those are nice graphics :thumbsup: but, I'm trying to find some that are oem replacements preferably for a late model. I can't believe that nobody makes any for the 650r.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 650dezrcr

Posted April 22, 2006 - 09:50 AM

It's true! Honda is the only one that you can get OEM graphics from now days.

• CJPilot

Posted April 22, 2006 - 12:50 PM

It's true! Honda is the only one that you can get OEM graphics from now days.

I don't understand why nobody makes aftermarket stock graphics anymore. Seems crazy to me. They make stock graphics for way less obscure bikes than the pig, I guess I will have figure something else out. I don't know if I can stomach paying a bunch of money for the thin stock graphics from Honda.

Thanks, for confirming what I had suspected!

CJ

• Kenaroo

Posted April 23, 2006 - 05:50 PM

might want to check with the custom # plate back ground guys.. Most make shroud graphics as well and could design "OEM" looking ones.

Might want to email Kyle at www.prostylemx.com and enquire. He just needs a stock template to make the graphic. He lives down the street and makes awesome #backgrounds and graphics.

If there is enough interest, we could do a group purchase to haggle on a price.

who's interested?

• BIGGITY

Posted April 24, 2006 - 02:09 PM

I'd be interested... If I can't ride fast I might as well make it look fast... :thumbsup:

• BIGGITY

Posted April 24, 2006 - 02:11 PM

You can buy these off Ebay... FYI

http://cgi.ebay.com/...633664499QQrdZ1

• CJPilot

Posted April 24, 2006 - 04:32 PM

might want to check with the custom # plate back ground guys.. Most make shroud graphics as well and could design "OEM" looking ones.

Might want to email Kyle at www.prostylemx.com and enquire. He just needs a stock template to make the graphic. He lives down the street and makes awesome #backgrounds and graphics.

If there is enough interest, we could do a group purchase to haggle on a price.

who's interested?

I'm in and I'm good for two or three sets! :thumbsup: I'll give them a call when I get a check out wether or not it's doable. Thanks for the link. :thumbsup: I still cant get over the fact that I can buy new graphics for a 87 CR80 but not for the BRP. Amazing.......

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.