how much power should this yz426 have? and clutch?

62 replies to this topic
  • Satch0922

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:33 PM

great first post....we are waiting in anticipation of your next one.

I got $20 that says he is really the drunken guy.....someone do an ip search ! LOL

• kid on a 426

Posted April 24, 2006 - 08:22 PM

Go see how you ranked:

LOL 58 is in the MORON range hahahahahahah thats hilarios

• racer8

Posted April 24, 2006 - 10:13 PM

Where did the little guy go???

• barch88

Posted April 25, 2006 - 06:15 AM

Where did the little guy go???

He took this to the Yamaha 4-Wheeler section. I glanced in there and seen it.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 25, 2006 - 06:28 AM

He took this to the Yamaha 4-Wheeler section. I glanced in there and seen it.

Good, good. Glad everyone got home safe and sound.

• Zique

Posted April 25, 2006 - 07:22 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

• berudd

Posted April 25, 2006 - 07:24 AM

I stepped in to the quad forum to see his post and found this one instead.

I only got about 4 or 5 posts into it before I had to back out. The first 2 or 3 posts are the best. I took a while before someone said he needed to replace the clutch. duh!

• Gradthyzf

Posted April 25, 2006 - 08:42 AM

ur an idiot that apparently has "god" syndrome. you cant judge a book by it's cover. Just because someone has an eccentric name does not tell you a darn thing about them. Quit trying to be a hero!

Shall we say "drunkstupidboy, trying to make himself look less like a moron"?

• Zique

Posted April 25, 2006 - 10:53 AM

This sounds like the same feller as our star 'getdrunk' who started this wonderful thread.

• River4Life

Posted April 25, 2006 - 06:05 PM

"hmm....which brings me to my next point kids. DON'T DO DRUGS." (children nodding with approval) -waterboy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted April 25, 2006 - 09:23 PM

^^I love that movie! :crazy:

• mxrayser

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:09 AM

well first off i posted in the yamaha dirt bike spot because im talking about the yz426 dirt bike motor not the yfz450 motor because their not the same motor so i posted in here instead because i figerd i would better info sinse this is the spot for that bike.

and i wanted to know how much power i would have because the motor i just baught is a yz426 dirt bike motor and im going to be using k&n air filter/ white bros R seiries full system /the cam mod/ and riunning no air box so i was wondering what it would be putting out.

and about the shortining of teh pipes it does give bottom end. tc racing is a quad muffler compinier and they sell shortys and they add bottom end.
if you run too short of a muffler then you gain top. but if you do it right you gain bottom.

i wanted a lightend fly wheel so that it has more torq in the quad. can you put a yfz450 quad fly wheel in the yz426 motor?

every thing i said made sinse. if you were confused about teh clutch thing then you dont know any thing about clutches. when you buy an aftermarket clutch kit the quad feels a little more torqy. this is called a lightend fly wheel effect. i was wondering if it is the aftermarket plates that make that happen or if it is the stiffer springs.

its 13 hours a week of school

im always full throtol thats why my 400ex motor needed rings every 2 months and is now pritty shot.

i always have my helmit on.

i dont drive drunk. but have drove a couple times a little buzzed up.

about the training wheels thing well i may have 2 extra tires but quads put in faster lap times on the track.

i do take jumps. heres a pic part of my track act=Attach&type=post&id=1512578' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>

my quad is not a pos. heres a old pic of it. it looks a little different now.

My god!! Stay in school boy, maybe even make it 18 hours a week, I dont know whats scarier, your education or your thinking

• mxrayser

Posted April 27, 2006 - 12:17 AM

My god boy, Stop Talking!!

• getdrunk

Posted April 28, 2006 - 03:02 PM

omg you people are such *** holes. all i asked was how much power do you think i should have. I POSTED IN THE DIRT BIKE SECTION BECAUSE THIS IS THE YZ426 DIRT BIKE MOTOR NOT A YAMAHA ATV MOTOR!

that other guy with 1 post wasnt me. who ever he was he is right. you guys need to pull your heads out of your ***.

now back to my question. if you cant answer my question then dont post a bunch of nonsense

• CRFThumper

Posted April 29, 2006 - 04:24 PM

Hey get drunk i want to but you 400 motor it's in good shape right?

• Birdy426

Posted April 30, 2006 - 08:46 PM

well its susposed to give more bottom end. and it sounds better. ill probly cut the pipe to make it look better and sound better.

Please stay at Glamis with the rest of your kind. We don't need any more of our real riding areas shut down for the better sound your shorty-ass no packing can will make.

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2006 - 09:19 PM

omg you people are such *** holes.

Thank you for noticing.

all i asked was how much power do you think i should have.

None, at least until you give up drinking and get your grades up. If you're incapable of focusing enough attention on something to accomplish that, you probably should not be on a motor vehicle in the first place. And if you don't understand why almost no one on this forum has any respect for a sixteen year-old who promotes himself as being "always mestd up (sic)" and adds that the first among his "interests" is drinking, then get your father to explain it to you. If he can't, ask around. You don't have any respect for yourself. Why should we do something you won't?

• getdrunk

Posted May 22, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hey get drunk i want to but you 400 motor it's in good shape right?

• CRFThumper

Posted May 22, 2006 - 05:10 PM

But After rereading your post I thought it was "pritty shot" Is it in good shape or is it "pritty shot"

• getdrunk

Posted May 23, 2006 - 05:00 AM

But After rereading your post I thought it was "pritty shot" Is it in good shape or is it "pritty shot"

it runs very good. only things wrong is the 2 top end gaskets are a little leaky and during the rebuild the valve seals werent replaced so it burns oil on start up. im probly going to reseal the gaskets today. it starts right up and no odd noises. macanic took a look at the top end like 25 hours ago on motor and didnt say their was anything wrong except the valve seals were old but wont cause any problums.

30 hours on rebuild
25 hours sinse valves adjusted
clutch kit
polished motor

if the motor dosent sell im probly going to make some awsome rider lawnmorer with the motor.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.