how much power should this yz426 have? and clutch?

62 replies to this topic
  • getdrunk

Posted April 21, 2006 - 02:59 PM

2002 yz426 motor.
the whole air box took off.
k&n air filter
white bros R seiries full system.
the cam mod

about how much power should i have?

and should i make the pipe into a shorty? i know how to do it because i did it befor but would i gain any power? when i did it to my 400ex i didnt realy feel a gain. :thumbsup:
---------
and for the clutch. is it the springs or the clutch plates that give a lightend fly wheel effect?

• getdrunk

Posted April 21, 2006 - 06:20 PM

come on some one must have a idea

• theclone

Posted April 21, 2006 - 06:34 PM

and should i make the pipe into a shorty? i know how to do it because i did it befor but would i gain any power? when i did it to my 400ex i didnt realy feel a gain. :thumbsup:

No. That's stupid.

• getdrunk

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:49 PM

No. That's stupid.

well its susposed to give more bottom end. and it sounds better. ill probly cut the pipe to make it look better and sound better.

• Gradthyzf

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:08 PM

No. That's stupid.

Glad I am not the only one thinking that.

But what can you expect from a quad rider named getdrunk!

Do you where a helmet when you ride drunk?

Seriously, your question makes no sense, not to mention your talking about quad crap in the cycle section. There is a yz quad section! :thumbsup:

• Gradthyzf

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:09 PM

Disregard, I just read this

Birthday:
January 20, 1990
Biography:
always mestd up
Interests:
drinking and my quad
only 13 hours a week of school 4 me

• MisterMan

Posted April 21, 2006 - 09:26 PM

well its susposed to give more bottom end. and it sounds better. ill probly cut the pipe to make it look better and sound better.

sure on that... thought it was more top end???... wrong am i?

• Satch0922

Posted April 22, 2006 - 03:53 AM

If the motor is in good condition is should be making 47-49 hp set up like it is.

The clutch is not the correct approach to "lightening" the flywheel. Not sure why you would want to lighten it, however you can buy flywheel weights.

• Fastest1

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:21 AM

Well you would lighten the flywheel for a quicker revving motor. Regarding pipe length, the short pipe will provide more top end at a cost, less bottom end. That doesnt necessarily mean you will get any gains from either mod. There is a bit more to it than cutting the pipe off. BTW is that 13 hours of school total for your life, this year or this week? Can you physically ride faster than you do now? Is the throttle against the stop all of the time? If you answered the above questions "yes", you should be talking to Yamaha not TT. You must be really fast or there isnt any turns or jumps. Oh yeah you still have those training wheels.

• Fastest1

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:26 AM

After reading your post again, why not put a real motor in that POS. How about a "Busa" motor, that should have enough power. Fog it, if it isnt enough. That should scare you out of your proud and drunken stupor. Hopefully when somebody does get killed doing something drunk and stupid it doesnt effect my family or the "court" will be held on my time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:34 AM

Well you would lighten the flywheel for a quicker revving motor.

I hear ya....my question was ...WHY? :thumbsup:

It's funny....the next question will be... "what is the top speed of a YZ426F with nitrious?" LMAO

• Slowmotion426

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:49 AM

Most 426's have about...um....um...at least...I gotta say...um 1000 horsepower, maybe 2000 horsepower.
The 426's were made specifically for DA BEARS and DA BULLS. :thumbsup:

• Fastest1

Posted April 22, 2006 - 07:25 AM

It's funny....the next question will be... "what is the top speed of a YZ426F with nitrious?" LMAO

Or, I am drunk and when I start my bike in the garage, the pipe glows red, does anybody know why? I say close the big door and let it run longer, the red will go away! :thumbsup:

• kid on a 426

Posted April 22, 2006 - 02:49 PM

the whole air box took off.
k&n air filter

Those two things are your problem

• getdrunk

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:18 PM

well first off i posted in the yamaha dirt bike spot because im talking about the yz426 dirt bike motor not the yfz450 motor because their not the same motor so i posted in here instead because i figerd i would better info sinse this is the spot for that bike.

and i wanted to know how much power i would have because the motor i just baught is a yz426 dirt bike motor and im going to be using k&n air filter/ white bros R seiries full system /the cam mod/ and riunning no air box so i was wondering what it would be putting out.

and about the shortining of teh pipes it does give bottom end. tc racing is a quad muffler compinier and they sell shortys and they add bottom end.
if you run too short of a muffler then you gain top. but if you do it right you gain bottom.

i wanted a lightend fly wheel so that it has more torq in the quad. can you put a yfz450 quad fly wheel in the yz426 motor?

every thing i said made sinse. if you were confused about teh clutch thing then you dont know any thing about clutches. when you buy an aftermarket clutch kit the quad feels a little more torqy. this is called a lightend fly wheel effect. i was wondering if it is the aftermarket plates that make that happen or if it is the stiffer springs.

its 13 hours a week of school

im always full throtol thats why my 400ex motor needed rings every 2 months and is now pritty shot.

i always have my helmit on.

i dont drive drunk. but have drove a couple times a little buzzed up.

about the training wheels thing well i may have 2 extra tires but quads put in faster lap times on the track.

i do take jumps. heres a pic part of my track act=Attach&type=post&id=1512578' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://teamxracing.c...post&id=1512578

my quad is not a pos. heres a old pic of it. it looks a little different now.
http://teamxracing.c...=post&id=680507

• getdrunk

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:21 PM

Those two things are your problem

i did that for power. i had to buy a kit so i can run like that. i have to stay out of mud and water. and i do and i dont like mud or water any way because it takes to long to clean up. im cleaning my quad non stop. to day i was cleaning it up from 10am-7pm. now it has orange oil lines :thumbsup:

• getdrunk

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:28 PM

I hear ya....my question was ...WHY? :thumbsup:

i want to because it makes it feel more torqy. it helps alout out of the berms too. it makes it easier to snub but i could get used to it fast. they make it for the yfz450 for a reason so i want to do it to the yz426 motor.

o yeah. and here is a old pic of the bottom end shorty i used to have.
act=Attach&type=post&id=1214713' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://teamxracing.c...post&id=1214713

heres a nuther all top end shorty i ran last winter http://teamxracing.c...post&id=1214756

• getdrunk

Posted April 22, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Or, I am drunk and when I start my bike in the garage, the pipe glows red, does anybody know why? I say close the big door and let it run longer, the red will go away! :thumbsup:

i htink you meen my eyes are red. you should see em. i have some thing with my eyes i for got what its called but my eyes are always blood shot and eye lids are always beat red and puffy. you cant tell if im mested up or not. my school kicked me out because my eyes. and because i slept all day and had the attitude of a drugy.

• kid on a 426

Posted April 22, 2006 - 09:43 PM

[quote name='getdrunk']
and i wanted to know how much power i would have because the motor i just baught is a yz426 dirt bike motor and im going to be using k&n air filter/ white bros R seiries full system /the cam mod/ and riunning no air box so i was wondering what it would be putting out.[/QUOTE]Dude running a k and n air filter is about the worst thing you can do to your motor

[QUOTE]and about the shortining of teh pipes it does give bottom end. tc racing is a quad muffler compinier and they sell shortys and they add bottom end.
if you run too short of a muffler then you gain top. but if you do it right you gain bottom. [/QUOTE] nope shortining the pipe takes away bottom end there is a MXA article on it but i'm too lazy to look it up
[QUOTE]i wanted a lightend fly wheel so that it has more torq in the quad. can you put a yfz450 quad fly wheel in the yz426 motor?[/QUOTE]lightening the flywheel gives more top end not bottom
[QUOTE] when you buy an aftermarket clutch kit the quad feels a little more torqy.[/QUOTE] no duh it slips less [QUOTE]this is called a lightend fly wheel effect[/QUOTE] no its not. [QUOTE]i was wondering if it is the aftermarket plates that make that happen or if it is the stiffer springs.[/QUOTE] New clutch plates of any brand are grabby so it makes it feel more "torqy" and the clutch springs make the discs slip less and last longer

[QUOTE]im always full throtol thats why my 400ex motor needed rings every 2 months and is now pritty shot.[/QUOTE]buy a yamaha yfz450 and you'll never have any problems

[QUOTE]i dont drive drunk. but have drove a couple times a little buzzed up.[/QUOTE]now thats something to be proud of

[QUOTE]about the training wheels thing well i may have 2 extra tires but quads put in faster lap times on the track.[/QUOTE] lol your crazy

[QUOTE]i do take jumps. heres a pic part of my track act=Attach&type=post&id=1512578' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://teamxracing.c...post&id=1512578[/QUOTE] Dude you call that a track

[QUOTE]my quad is not a pos. heres a old pic of it. it looks a little different now.
http://teamxracing.c...=post&id=680507[/QUOTE][/QUOTE] pretty cool for a pos

• theclone

Posted April 23, 2006 - 08:29 AM

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.