06 yellow plastic, what is the holdup?

29 replies to this topic
  • shigbie

Posted April 24, 2006 - 06:55 AM

Why not buy oem plastic?

I purchased OEM front fender from my delaership for $21.95!!!

• barch88

Posted April 24, 2006 - 07:02 AM

Yup! Online there 18 and some change, but after shipping your about right.

• NOMADAK

Posted April 24, 2006 - 08:49 AM

I was in my local Yamaha shop this past week. Their software hasn't recieved it's latest update (they do this every 3 months or so). I was able to order blue plastic for my 06 250 and 450 special editions but they didn't have a price on the yellow plastic (it was listed as NA).

I'll have to have a talk with my parts manager now that I know it is available.

• barch88

Posted April 24, 2006 - 11:14 AM

http://yamaha-factoryparts.com/

They have the yellow plastic. Its pricey.

• aedwards07

Posted April 24, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Bike bandit has yellow kit for around $250.Alot cheaper than the dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, the SE parts are about $10 more than each Blue part. Im going to pick up the parts to make my SE blue if I want and its going to cost me 72 bucks, then buy the 65 dollar graphic kit from Yamaha's site, so total about 150 after shipping and all.

http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx

Do I need 2 sets of those?

If your talking about graphics then yes 2 sets of shroud and one set on fenders.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted April 24, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Bike bandit has yellow kit for around $250.Alot cheaper than the dealer.

The Bike bandit plastic. Is that OEM or aftermarket plastic.

• avlnch

Posted April 25, 2006 - 06:45 AM

The Bike bandit plastic. Is that OEM or aftermarket plastic.

BikeBandit is OEM. I have a box in my garage with a new bars, cables and throttle assembly. They ship three days after youre order and it comes in fast. I didn't open the box yet though. Hopefully everythings in there.

• HGaither1

Posted April 26, 2006 - 04:13 PM

I just ordered a black plastic kit from BTO, acerbis, they have two more in stock if anyone is interested. Now I am trying to find a shroud graphic similar to the SE, something with a little yellow in it.

• barch88

Posted April 26, 2006 - 05:31 PM

You can order the SE shroud graphics off that mototune or whatever site it was mentioned above, there pricey, at 70/shroud, but there OEM and real stuff. Good luck trying to find Yamaha graphics that are yellow that are not the SE ones, all them I found are blue, or have blue in it. The SE ones have yellow. The "logo" is black and white, but around it is all yellow, not much yellow, but it will stand out on your black plastics, look at my bike in my garage.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.