How much more Power?

3 replies to this topic
  • Vengeancemaster73

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:51 AM

Hi i was wondering how much more power the 06 yz250f has than the 450. I'm 6'0
182pounds. Do you think i could handle a 450? :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:57 AM

The '06 250F has roughly 35 hp. An '03 YZ450 has around 48.5, and the '06 has 50. Did you ask the question you meant to ask?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:16 AM

Hi i was wondering how much more power the 06 yz250f has than the 450. I'm 6'0
182pounds. Do you think i could handle a 450? :thumbsup:

I think you meant 'how much more power [does the 450 have over the 250]?

It is a pretty significant difference (as grayracer has shown). Can you handle it? It all depends on your riding style and experience. The way I look at it, the bike only goes as fast as you roll the throttle :confused: . If you have any control over yourself, you start slow, get the feel, and eventually you'll grow into it. I jumped from a 125 smoker to a 426f and had no problems, but I'm not a major racer or anything. :thumbsup:

Just be careful (like we all should be with everything) and you should be fine.

• xcape

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:40 AM

yep play it safe ask yourself do you need the power? will you use the power? The 250 rocks for the track. I like my 450 I am used to running powerfull bike and have learnt to respect them and my arms are about 2" longer after only one ride...easier to reach stuff :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.