Cheapo dual sport kit

3 replies to this topic
  • woodsryder

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:50 AM

I'm trying to help out a buddy with no mechanical skills. He has a 650r and needs to get it "Michigan" legal. The $400 dual sport kits are way out of the budget and we don't need most of it.

We don't need or want turn signals or a battery and don't need brighter lights, he will never be riding at night. A bicycle horn and mirror are fine. We are going with an LED brake light and hydraulic switch, so all that's left is the headlight.

I've read several times that you can get a glass replacement bulb for the stock headlight? Can anyone tell me who sells them, or waht to ask for at the auto parts store. Also which dual filament headlight bulb will fit it and work with the stock stator.

• TimBrp

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:33 AM

Call Baja designs, they'll have everything you need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adam574

Posted April 21, 2006 - 10:14 AM

or try ebay they have the bare bone kits alot of the time for sale. pretty sure it comes with the bare minimum which is exactly what you are looking for. if i remember right they are usually under 200 dollars

• fish525

Posted April 21, 2006 - 04:27 PM

I just got a Baja designs kit from Ebay today for 350$ I think regular price is over 450 for a cal. legal kit it took about a month of looking but you can find a deal

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.