Ngk Cr8eix?

5 replies to this topic
  • buffallodan

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:21 AM

Got the plug to put in myTE-610 but the gap is .029 and the manual suggests .022; can I reduce the gap on the iridium plug? Or do I just put it in as is? Don't want to mess up engine obviously, total nube here...TIA Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFThumper

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:25 AM

You can gap it or i would just put it in!

• zrxchris

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:40 AM

didn't gap mine.......just had to pull the cap of another sparkplug, guess the CR8EIK does not come with one stock

• buffallodan

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

What kind of cap? Can I just by another plug that has one as they are universal?
The parts manual doesn't show a cap on plug...
Sry for stupid questions, I understand what you mean by cap now :thumbsup:

• lairpost

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:03 AM

It is recommended that you not re-gap the Iridium plugs, both NGK and Bosch say this...the reasoning is that the much lower arc voltage required (because of the tiny center electrode) you can run a larger gap and therefore have a broader/longer spark for better fuel ignition.

If you do choose to gap it, be very careful, do not touch the center tip...it's extremely hard and will chip/break if your gapping tool contacts it.

• buffallodan

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

http://www.ngksparkp...1200&country=US
Frequently Asked Questions

Both Bosch and NGK show illustrations on how to close gap by tapping on hard surface(carefully) and point out that greater care is required to open gap in particular ensuring you don't damage or contact electrode...Thanks for everyones responses, Dan

Related Content

Wiki
Husky auto trans mod - last post by Rowant

Husky auto trans mod

Wiki Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH welcome Robert Jonas as Head of Motorsport by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Husqvarna   Husqvarna 4-Stroke
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

NEW HUSQVARNA WEBSITE IS LIVE (WHITE HUSQVARNAS) by HuskyRips

• Hot  75 replies
Forums
Photo

TE449 oversized tank by little_twin

• Hot  52 replies
Reviews

Husqvarna TE511 2013 by Helgar

Husqvarna TE511 2013
  • 3 reviews
  • Last review by cosmoKenney
  • On 26 March 2014

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.