Question for 06 owners w/ WC radiator cages

5 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 20, 2006 - 09:22 PM

I'm trying to finish up the install of these on my bike, and I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck with trimming the shroud or the cage to get the shrouds to fit right and not have to use the spacer for the lower bolt. I know it's not that much, it just bugs me that the cages are pushing the shrouds out. I have it close, but was wondering if anyone else has had any luck. Trimming the dang stock louvers was the biggest chore of the whole install! Any tips would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted April 21, 2006 - 09:48 PM

Oh come on... I know I'm not the only one to buy a set of these on this site! Help a brother out!

• markdav801

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:58 AM

I'm trying to finish up the install of these on my bike, and I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck with trimming the shroud or the cage to get the shrouds to fit right and not have to use the spacer for the lower bolt. I know it's not that much, it just bugs me that the cages are pushing the shrouds out. I have it close, but was wondering if anyone else has had any luck. Trimming the dang stock louvers was the biggest chore of the whole install! Any tips would be greatly appreciated :applause:

I searched other threads and didnt find the answer either..

Even the upper portion of the RAD Cage hits the upper part of the shroud.. Not too thrilled with that either...

What to do..?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • red7

Posted February 21, 2007 - 02:41 PM

My fit perfectly and seem bomb proof but I do use the spacer. Any reason you aren't wanting to use the spacer? I put these on the week I bought my bike and am very happy with them!

• bigbluerider4life

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:03 PM

i trimmed my shrouds and used the spacer...but this is with moose racing rad braces and on a 250f :applause:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:10 PM

Just install per the directions and stop worrying about the extra 1/4"! You'll never notice it while on the bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.