wr 400 tank on a yz 426

6 replies to this topic
  • Gradthyzf

Posted April 20, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Anyone know for sure know if a wr 400 tank will fit on a 2000 yz 426? Also, does anyone know what the stock capicity is for a wr 400 tank?

• byggd

Posted April 21, 2006 - 04:20 AM

As far as I have read the 400 and 426 tanks are interchangeable and all of the after market companies list the same tanks for 98-02. As far as capacity, the stock 426 tank holds 3.2 gal and I would think the 400 is close to the same :thumbsup:

• MichielD

Posted April 26, 2006 - 06:51 AM

You need the WR seat as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted April 26, 2006 - 07:56 AM

Most people take off their Wr seats and tanks to run YZ stuff

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 04, 2006 - 11:43 PM

The old WR tanks compromise comfort/seating position plus they look really gay. So unless you are gay you might want to look at a big tank from IMS or acerbis. I believe those tanks are compatible with the YZ seat and shrouds.

• byggd

Posted May 05, 2006 - 03:48 AM

The old WR tanks compromise comfort/seating position plus they look really gay. So unless you are gay you might want to look at a big tank from IMS or acerbis. I believe those tanks are compatible with the YZ seat and shrouds.

So you're saying my bike looks gay?!?! get a life! :crazy:
http://s18.photobuck...426black006.jpg

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 05, 2006 - 10:00 AM

So you're saying my bike looks gay?!?! get a life! :crazy:
http://s18.photobuck...426black006.jpg

No if you re-read what I posted I said the TANK looks gay not the bike. Part of that has to do with the steep tank to seat transition and part of it has to do with the fact that it looks like it carries 4 gallons above the frame.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.