XR650 Jetting with Big Gun exhaust system?

1 reply to this topic
  • twinpoint

Posted April 20, 2006 - 01:45 PM

Can anyone tell me the jetting set-up for a 2001 XR650R that has been uncorked, air box cover drilled and has a Big Gun pipe and silencer?

I have a 175 Main and 65s pilot now and the bike runs way too lean throughout - it is slow and pops when decellerating.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted April 20, 2006 - 03:28 PM

68s, 70 or 70s pilot, b53e neddle 3rd clip, 180~185 main sea level California.

I ran 70s main, b53e, 185 main with header and free flowing muffler, holes in the side cover. 70 without the 's' is leaner then a 70s.

These are some of the things I started way back when I had the stock carb in 2003. Jetting a little rich sure does help get rid of the off idle dead spot when you whack the throttle real quick.
I ran 70s pilot, b53e needle 3rd clip, 185 main, UNI air filter fully oiled, Holes in the air filter side cover, XR's Only header, R4 muffler, AJCV disengaged, Choke flap removed (it also allows just a little more flow), HRC intake boot (carburetor insulator) sea level to 4000'.

I found the bike to start easier when full chock was needed. I was running a 70s pilot so, a little more air would be needed then would be needed for a 68s or a stock 65s. I really liked the 70s with the idle mixture screw a little more then half a turn out. My bike was a one rarely a two kick to start bike. LockTite the screws.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.