High Altitude Jetting

4 replies to this topic
  • chrisn6104

Posted April 20, 2006 - 08:18 AM

I've ordered a Dr.D full exhaust should be here any day. I bought the bike in S.Cal it has stock jets in it as far as I know.
I'm familiar with jetting bikes for street but I used a different company and the kits I ordered I could choose what size jets where in them.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to re-jet once I put the bike back together and go ride. So I'm looking to order one of the jet kits from the TT store. My question is will these off the shelf kits have the proper jetting for my altitude and exhaust?
I'll mostly be riding around 4000ft elevation.
Also is any one better then the other? I see JD, FMF, and Moose kits.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 20, 2006 - 10:10 AM

On your monitor.

Look about 2 or 4 inches above where this post winds up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 20, 2006 - 01:20 PM

This may be of interest, also.

• chrisn6104

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:50 AM

I saw the sticky I just didn't scroll down. The first post was a how to so I left the thread alone. I see it now that I scrolled down a few posts.
Looks like I'll need somewhere around a 48 pilot and 162 or so main. The kits do not say what jets come in them. I was wondering what these kits come with there is no break down showing a parts list. I guess I can always buy individual jets and go from there.

• tahoeacr

Posted April 21, 2006 - 12:32 PM

If your not in a hurry, I'll tell you Monday. I'm riding at Johnson lane this weekend. I think it's about 4500'. 48 pilot, stock main and 5th clip on the needle. Mine is a 06. Don't know if the jetting is different. Ignition curves are dif, but don't think that will effect jetting that much.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.