Oversize tank for 06 YZ 450

6 replies to this topic
  • SurvivorMan

Posted April 20, 2006 - 08:15 AM

I know that IMS has there large tank which is usually around 3.0-3.3 gal. Is there any others out there that are available right now around the 2.2 gal range. clarke won't have theirs released until May 10. I have run out of fuel twice now and I have a race coming up in 2 weeks. Please help :thumbsup:

• RIDE 13

Posted April 20, 2006 - 09:53 AM

:thumbsup: I am also looking for a bigger tank for my 06.If I here of one I'll let you know

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 20, 2006 - 11:31 AM

Man, Clarke is pissing me off. First they said end of march, then mid april, now may 10th. &%$#@!. Come on already, I want a tank. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SurvivorMan

Posted April 20, 2006 - 02:19 PM

May 10th though is just an approximate for up here in Canada, i'm sure you'l get it sooner.

• lipskid

Posted April 20, 2006 - 04:36 PM

I've got the natural IMS 3.1 on mine. It wasn't a perfect fit, took a bit of persuasion. Now that it's mounted, it's solid and looks good. It is a little wider between the knees, but not bad. I like that I can see how much fuel I have at a glance. Also, if you only need a couple gallons, it carries the weight lower than stock. :thumbsup:

• Jason21

Posted April 21, 2006 - 05:43 AM

Acerbis makes a nice desert tank. 3.3 gallon, dual petcock, multiple colors, and all the hardware comes with the tank. I think I paid about $210. Bolted right on my 426. Could easily pull 100 plus mile ride. Check out their website, they have photos of all their stuff. Good luck....Jas

• cowboyona426

Posted April 21, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Acerbis makes a nice desert tank. 3.3 gallon, dual petcock, multiple colors, and all the hardware comes with the tank. I think I paid about $210. Bolted right on my 426. Could easily pull 100 plus mile ride. Check out their website, they have photos of all their stuff. Good luck....Jas

That's fine and dandy, but we're talking about the 06 450 here! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.