camo plastic for 00'wr

9 replies to this topic
  • gmcandcamaroz

Posted October 14, 2001 - 03:55 AM

Does anyone know if there is somebody who makes camo plastic and graphics for the wr 400? I've seen a camo seat cover a while back, can't remember where though.

------------------
If you ain't wreckin'
You ain't ridin'

• Bill

Posted October 14, 2001 - 04:10 AM

Wal-Market has two inch wide tape in Advantage camo pattern (I think the tape is removable), might be cheaper to do your bike this way. Unless you decide to keep the bike and camo it every year.

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, All YZ Modifications, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

AMA, Happy Ramblers MXC (Dist #7), Tower City and Rausch Creek

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 14, 2001 - 02:22 PM

When did Yamaha start making a Red Neck two wheeler.....Gatta see ya drag dinner out of the woods on a WR...... Might be a little tough to run shine on as well.....

Bonzai Posted Image

• gmcandcamaroz

Posted October 15, 2001 - 04:45 PM

I'm decking it out in stars and stripes first. If that doesn't turn out right, or gets too torn up from wiping out, then I'm thinking the camo thing. My boy wants to do his xr in stars and stripes too. I'll post some pics when they're done.

For anyone else interested in the camo, I've found this stuff called camoclad. It's sold in 4'x5' sheets for about $50.00. Just type camoclad in your search engine.

------------------
If you ain't wreckin'
You ain't ridin'

• Coop

Posted October 15, 2001 - 04:53 PM

Have to tell you guys, the WR is one hell of a pack mule. I've packed out lots of dead stuff on mine including, elk, deer, antelope and bears!. Just load up the trusty internal frame pack until you can barely stand, climb on board, and off you go. Amazing how smoothe the WR is with 100+ pounds of extra weight. Hardly notice the granite-lope in the trail.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kent

Posted October 16, 2001 - 06:09 AM

Hmmm, Camo on a WR 426... That and a quiet exhaust might open up some additional riding areas here in the Peoples Republic of Virginia.

• BlueThunder

Posted October 16, 2001 - 04:14 PM

*****LOL***ROFL*****You're killin' me man. This is what 8 years of the Clinton administration has forced us to become. Stealth riders have also been known to inhabit the Democratic Republic of Washington
State. We all just ride in the torrential rain so nobody can hear us! Posted Image

• Kent

Posted October 17, 2001 - 07:13 AM

I'd be interested in a way to carry bolt cutters and maybe a cordless Saw Zall. Get some USGS survey crew stickers and go where I want...

• sfc_crash

Posted October 17, 2001 - 08:06 AM

paint it od green,just like an army airborne recon bike,get yoursell some cammos,a kevlar,lbe,sling an AR15 on your back and in todays climate go anywhere,especially if your riding buddy does the same."sorry mr park ranger,i'm on official military bussiness,btw you haven't seen about 6 heavilly armed arab men come running thru here about 5 min ago,have you"...ha! i crack me up.

• Kent

Posted October 25, 2001 - 12:37 PM

All this talk of stealthing a bike got me thinking. Check out this url:
http://www.paper-pap...m/magnetic.html

I know the WR has a plastic tank but some metal strips could be added to secure the magnetic signs to. You could make your own magnetic overlays w/ Camo patterns, Park Ranger Logo, USGS Survey crew. You name it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.