06 WR450F lowering question

23 replies to this topic
  • luv2ride2

Posted March 07, 2015 - 06:02 PM

I live in Santa clarita, any suggestions where I might take it? Do you think it would be in the $300-$500 range?

• stevethe

Posted March 07, 2015 - 06:52 PM

I think there is a suspension shop around where you live. The rear shock isn't too bad. They just take it apart and put a spacer in it. You can use the same spring. But I don't know if your doing your forks also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rah7777777

Posted March 07, 2015 - 08:16 PM

When I wanted mine lowered professionally I got over a dozen quotes. Some up to $950!
Mikes Suspension in OK was the second cheapest and sounded like he knew his stuff! With shipping and all parts to rebuild forks and shocks and new seals/fluids I think I was at $460 total. Which I was very very very happy with!!

• SurfaceToAir

Posted March 09, 2015 - 08:57 PM

I just had mine professionally lowered one inch with spacers.  I really like it. I've previously cut the seat down a bunch, and lowered the forks a bit in the triple clamps, race sag set properly, etc. And it was still just enough too tall for my liking with a 30" inseam.. After the mods I did put the forks up in stock position in the triple clamps- might lower them a half inch... But I am really happy with the change.  I had it all redone- overhaul front and rear, revalved the front, springs, etc. Not cheap-over 8 bills. $$$ but its very nice.

If youre looking for a shop in San Francisco, hit up Superplush suspension. Great shop.  https://superplushsuspension.com/

cheers-

Dustin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.