Air Filter

4 replies to this topic
  • gdm

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:03 PM

This may be a stupid question, but how do you get the filter off the cage? Does the filter stretch around the plastic end point or does it unscrew? In the service manual it looks like the filter pulls off. My filter feels like it is going to tear, it looks like it is glued on! I have the stock filter. Any pointers greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• matthewdcross

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:52 PM

That plastic end piece should just come off. I would try wiggling the end piece and pulling at the same time. Hope that helps you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:55 PM

It should just stretch over the cage. If you have difficulty due to sticky oil, soften it all in a bucket of detergant/fuel, it should come off easily after that :thumbsup:

• crooks420

Posted April 19, 2006 - 09:12 PM

stretch the foam filter off...... so easy. better yet, just go get a UNI.

• bluebike1999

Posted April 20, 2006 - 01:43 AM

i'm with boer
drop it into a bucket of hot water first and it will stretch heaps, still be careful though.
good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.