First real track ride on the 06 YZ450F report

4 replies to this topic
  • NYMXer

Posted April 19, 2006 - 03:52 PM

I will start off by saying that I have done everything I know how to get this bike to work/perform at it's best. I have greased everything, changed the front tire to suit my terrain, changed the chain, properly set up the suspension (easy on this bike because it's very close from the factory), checked it all over, rejetted, blah, blah and blah..........

Result is an awesome bike! This feels better than anything I have ever ridden before. It was almost like riding a works bike. Plush suspension that soaked up anything. Neutral feeling in the air, blitzing whoops, rockets out of the turns like it was on rails, easy to ride fast and not tireing either. On a scale of 1-10 (10 is the best) I would rate this a 9.75. My only minor complaint is the engagement of the clutch. I still stall the bike a few times and I can't figure out why.

Today, Rekluse called and they are going to be one of my sponsors. That should take care of the stalling issue. Thank you Patrick at Rekluse. :thumbsup:

If anyone out there is sitting on the fence about this bike, sit no more and go buy it. You will thank me, I promise. :thumbsup:

• dbehr624

Posted April 19, 2006 - 04:02 PM

Man i am so jealous. I should be getting one this year sometime :bonk: :bonk: :cry: . My friend got one and he doesnt like it too much. He has had a lot of problems with the air fuel screw and jetting. I dont know, maybe he just has his head up his ass :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Well I am glad to hear that you like it, because i was getting a little worried from what he was saying. Cant wait to get rid of my CR125 and hop on one of them bad boys!!!! :confused: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:22 PM

i would get one this year but i holding my breath for that EFI bike in 07!

• SureBlue

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:59 PM

...Result is an awesome bike! This feels better than anything I have ever ridden before...

If anyone out there is sitting on the fence about this bike, sit no more and go buy it. You will thank me, I promise. :thumbsup:

NYMXer, I could not agree more with you. In fact, if someone is not happy with this bike, I promise to send money :thumbsup: :confused:

• yz_anders

Posted April 20, 2006 - 12:39 AM

Sounds VERY good..

When my Yz250 is sold I will buy one!..:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.