KL:X110 air / fuel mixture adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • xr400dad

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:47 AM

I own a 2006 KLX110 and was doing some mods in these threads like rejetting, opening the air box and exhaust. I did these and it seemed to be running rich so I read the threads again and it said to adjust the air / fuel 2 turns out. Well I took off the carb and looked all around to find the screw and could not find it. Finally I looked at what looked like a cap that turned out to be the adjustment. I had to tap in a small socket to get it to turn. My question is are all KLX110 carbs like this ? Is there a special tool for this ? Is there a reason Kawasaki does this? I have looked at several other carbs (Mikuni) and they all have normal adjustment screws.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • UMan

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:11 AM

My '06 is the same way. Not sure why they make it so hard to adjust. I ended up cutting a slot in the top so I can adjust it with a small screw driver.

• dirtbikeq

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

once you get a bbk for it by by stock carb but thats what kawi wants.

• xr400dad

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

once you get a bbk for it by by stock carb but thats what kawi wants.

Dirtbikeq, Are you saying buy a BBK Carb ? If so how much better does it run with a non big bore 110 ?

• westcoast

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

If your not going to install a big bore kit, why would you want a different carb? If your unhappy with the new "D" style airmix screw, just order one from an older model 110.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Who has the best looking klx/drz 110 on thumpertalk by YZ KLX Rider

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KLX 110
  • Hot  77 replies
Forums
Photo

Setting timing on my Klx110 by yzkid_85

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pit Bikes
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Kawasaki KLX110 2012 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KLX110 2012
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z70 2009 by ThumperTalk

Suzuki DR-Z70 2009
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Kawasaki KLX110 2010 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KLX110 2010
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.