re-jet for elevation drop.. Quesitons..

1 reply to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted October 13, 2001 - 05:18 PM

Hello all.

I hope this is a rather simple question and answer. I ride at 4500 feet of elevation and am considering taking my bike with me to Tracy, California next week. I looked around and found that the elevation of Tracy is like 100 Feet (at least according to Ask Jeeves..). I plan on taking my carb apart tonite to see what main it has now. It really does run well with its current set up, so I have been hesitant to start screwing with it.

So, I want to take some jets with me and not wanting to buy a dozen of them. I am not too concerned with the low end, just top end (full throttle).

Anyone near Tracy that can tell me what main jets you guys are running?

Thanks,

Rod

'01 WR 426, unplugged, air box lid removed, throttle stop shortned, stock carb needle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted October 14, 2001 - 05:28 AM

Rod,

4400' is quite a change. You will probably need to go richer. Depending on what gas you use (race or pump) will depend how much richer you need to go. If using pump gas, you will probably need to go to the stock jetting specs. Race gas, you might be able to go a bit leaner than stock.

I live at 4000' and frequently ride at 1000-1800' and the bike usually runs fine. I sometimes need to richen the fuel screw as th only adjustment. I use race gas exclusively so I can get away with a little more than with pump gas.

Hope this helps you, Ernie

------------------
--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.