Fuel Inlet

1 reply to this topic

Posted April 19, 2006 - 04:57 AM

On my 03 the fuel inlet on the carb faces towards the rear of the bike instead of towards the tank. If looking at the inlet it is in the 1:00 position this causes me a problem with fuel flow from the Acerbis tank because the fuel has to run uphill then down and the fuel line can become pinched. I have not had any issues yet but that is because I am using very stiff fuel line.. I know on some bikes the FCR carb has an inlet that swivels but mine does not move. Does anyone know a solution to getting it to move? I am afraid that the inlet is pinned in and forcing it will cause me a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OringGroove

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:20 AM

You could try placing a spring around the fuel line so that the line does not kink! It will also protect the line!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.