FYI: 2006 YZ450 and maybe YZ250

3 replies to this topic
  • wpsnowman

Posted April 19, 2006 - 03:58 AM

I put my new "THE WORKS" radiator guards on this weekend. Look great, installed well. In the process I went through and checked some of the bike over. You might want to check under your front number plate. The way MY harness was ran and tied down put allot of strain on some of the wires (future problem..lol). It was easy to fix just cut some of the existing tie wraps loosened up and re-tie. I also installed a new "THE WORKS" skid plate. All went fairly well with that also, but anyone else installing one of these might want to check the clearance between the skid plate mounting holes and frame. Once I snugged plate against frame there was appx. .150" gap between them. Now you could just lock-tite (like instructions say) and pull plate up to frame but that would put allot of stress on the frame mounting tabs and bolts so I put spacers between. This makes it allot nicer. :thumbsup:

• RIDE 13

Posted April 19, 2006 - 12:30 PM

Thans for the heads up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Freedom50

Posted May 04, 2006 - 02:18 PM

When you say "The works" do you mean Works Connection? There's replaces the stock glide plate, right? I would like to find a plate that covers the area between the frame rails above the stock glide plate & utilizes the two screws there to anchor itself at the bottom. Anyone seen something like this?

• cowboyona426

Posted May 04, 2006 - 08:20 PM

Freedom- sounds like the WC is what you are looking for.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.