Exhaust for 2006 YZ450F

15 replies to this topic
  • michelb7

Posted April 18, 2006 - 04:28 PM

Best exhaust system for a 06' YZ450F? I've been considering a DR. D or the White Brothers Aluminum Pro. Any suggestions.

• timisadonkey

Posted April 18, 2006 - 04:37 PM

I put the fmf 4.1 ti with megabomb header. Night and day from stock. I don't know wich aftermerket is the best. But I do like my fmf

• Ga426owner

Posted April 18, 2006 - 05:11 PM

All three of these are great - I went with WB... :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted April 18, 2006 - 07:08 PM

All three of these are great - I went with WB... :thumbsup:

How is the sound compared to stock and the power?

• YZ117

Posted April 18, 2006 - 07:59 PM

I went with the DMC. Stick with the DR.D or the WB.

• RoughR1der

Posted April 18, 2006 - 08:23 PM

I went with the DMC. Stick with the DR.D or the WB.

you dont like the DMC? did u get the Comp or the Quite? Did you take out the arrestor? I was going to get one of these, but you got me worried. what's wrong with it?

thx

• YZ117

Posted April 18, 2006 - 08:43 PM

you dont like the DMC? did u get the Comp or the Quite? Did you take out the arrestor? I was going to get one of these, but you got me worried. what's wrong with it?

thx

Lets just say I expected more, thats all. DR.D next time. Same price but proven.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:10 PM

I have a Dr. D and an FMF 4.1 Carbon slip on. The Dr. D is definately a better deal for a full system. It works awesome too, plus has SA and quiet core. Low end is better than stock, other than that its hard for me to tell too much on performance as I am not a real great rider. I got the carbon pretty much for looks, and it looks awesome. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:13 PM

Lets just say I expected more, thats all. DR.D next time. Same price but proven.

I thought the DMC was great, it improved the bottom end and the mid range but the over rev was unchanged.
I have re jetted it 48 p 170 m 4th clip wired AP and Oxygenated fuel.
With the pipe you can just keep up shifting and it never lays down or bogs.

• RIDE 13

Posted April 19, 2006 - 12:40 PM

W.B. E-2 good power,93db :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• michelb7

Posted April 19, 2006 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the input. What about jetting for either system (Dr.D or WB)? I live in Southern California and do most of my riding in the high desert.

• RoughR1der

Posted April 19, 2006 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the input. What about jetting for either system (Dr.D or WB)? I live in Southern California and do most of my riding in the high desert.

me too and ive been struggling with jetting. i just installed the JDjetting Blue Needle 3rd position. It says use the 168 main, but i have the 165 still in along with the 42p. I am also wondering about a pipe effecting the jetting, hopefully making it better???

Also I want more overall power from 0-3/4 throttle, which pipe....FMF 4.1, Dr. D, or WB? also is the full system going to help power anymore than just the slip-on? I don't care about the weight saved from a full system.

THX

• YZ117

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:14 PM

DR.D is a true stepped design and offers the best all around performance for the $

• Javelin

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:26 PM

I went with the Dr. D full system and can't be happier. Plus, I think it is the best deal going for a full system. :thumbsup:

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted June 02, 2006 - 11:08 PM

I put a Pro Circuit TI-4 full system on mine and the power is great, it adds much more mid to top power than stock; this is to the sacrifice of the down low power but it is worth it. Also the system is around 98 decibels I believe and you can get a removable spark arrestor.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:14 AM

How is the sound compared to stock and the power?

DPW on the WB AlumPro2 the sound is about the same - but the power increases everywhere through the rpm range..........I bought the tuneable end cap - but the stock one is fine for all tracks. I like the headpipe being made out of steel vs Ti - it is a lot stronger and it is huge in diameter. It does not block the oil filter either like some earlier WB pipes I have owned...I even bught a new WB Alum pro1 for my 470 at a great discount. I paid 475.00 for the complete system for my 06 and 425.00 for my 03. I have had a DRD and they are nice but the WB is the Sh!t :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.