Tall seat?

11 replies to this topic
  • DrThumper

Posted April 18, 2006 - 01:33 PM

I'm in the market for a new seat. I'm not that tall (5'11'') but I have long legs for my height and was wondering about getting a tall seat. They say tall seats fatigue you less after a day of sitting-standing-sitting, etc...this sounds good to me, but since I'm not that tall (go ahead with the short jokes) is the taller seat going to make a big difference when I'm sitting? How much higher are you actually sitting when all your weight is on the foam? :thumbsup:

:confused: Any input from someone who went from stock to tall seats is very appreciated, thanks! :thumbsup:

• kawirider

Posted April 18, 2006 - 01:55 PM

JetPilotAlabama is selling his 450 that has a tall seat on it. You might want to throw him a PM if you are interested in buying it or if you have any questions.

• mxcowboy

Posted April 18, 2006 - 02:53 PM

I went from flat footed to almost tippy toe and I'm 6'.
Here's a picture of Guts Racing tall seat on my 2000 YZ426.
Tall Seat 1
Tall Seat 2
Tall Seat 3
Stock Seat

• Goosedog

Posted April 18, 2006 - 07:25 PM

My son and I are both over six feet and we've also both got the Guts tall foam. It's probably about 3 inches higher and make a conciderable difference in knee fatigue over any length ride.

• crfmatt

Posted April 18, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Tall Seat 1
Tall Seat 2
Tall Seat 3
Stock Seat

That seat looks really good. Im wanting to get one since Im 6'1. Did it come with that cover? I really like it :thumbsup:

• crfmatt

Posted April 18, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Forget my question...I found out it comes with the "competition seat cover"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:06 AM

I had a local trim shop add an inch of foam to my seat. I'm 6'4" and the extra inch is a huge difference for me.

• DrThumper

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:04 AM

Thanks guys...that Guts Racing Tall seat looks enormous!!!! Anyone use a Ceet tall seat? Or something thats less than +3''?
Has your center of gravity really been effected much.....I know a tall seat will be a huge difference in going from seated to standing, but hows the ride while sitting? Did anyone notice any huge difference in control?

I think I'm tending away from the tall seat now....I'm only 5'11'' (on good days) but my feet are flat footed on the ground....the last thing I want to do is mess up my seated riding...although I do stand most of the times.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 19, 2006 - 10:35 AM

I have a Ceet tall seat. It sucks. It's rock hard (harder than the crappy stock seat if thats possible), pricey compared to the SDG setup which is wierd because I think SDG makes the base for the Ceet product and frankly, they get thier tallness from taller metal brackets, which you have to drill out to accept the damned bolts.

Not impressed.

I should have done a Guts swap.

• JetPilotAlabama

Posted April 21, 2006 - 02:58 PM

I have an SDG tall seat from a 05 YZ450F I am selling. $50.00 plus shipping if your interested e mail me.

JChampionG2@Charter.net

• Gradthyzf

Posted April 21, 2006 - 06:58 PM

Tall Seat 1
Tall Seat 2
Tall Seat 3
Stock Seat

Hows the comfort level? I am running the stock seat on my 426 and after about 40 miles my ass is pretty sore(and I stand most of the time). How does it compare to the lazy boy XR or DRZ seats?

• Satch0922

Posted April 22, 2006 - 03:58 AM

I have run an SDG tall seat on my bikes for the past 3 years. They make the standing and sitting a lot easier ( I am 6'1" and shrinking :thumbsup: ). They are NOT softer though....still very firm..at least as firm as the stocker.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.