Cant find rear shock rebound adjuster!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • xdirtbikerx

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:10 AM

I looked all over the bottom of the shock, (like on my yz) but didnt see any adjuster, i checked the service manuel but it didnt mention it either. is there any rebound adjustment on the rear shock? its a 2000 xr650r. would appriciate any help, the rear feels like a pogo stick over most high speed choppy stuff. thanks.

• qadsan

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:35 AM

The rebound screw is on the shock rod/fork that's connects to your linkage. It 'should' be on the same side as your resevoir for easier access, but it could have easily been turned around by somebody when they removed the shock to change the spring, etc. If it's not there, then you don't have a stock XR650R shock in your bike. I'm positive the rebound screw is pictured and identified in the service manual under the rear wheel suspension section and will dig out a page number if necessary.

• xdirtbikerx

Posted April 18, 2006 - 12:45 PM

I will double check there soon as i get home from work, I suppose i could have "missed" it when i was looking, and i really REALLY hope its there. it is bone stock exsept for a baja designs light kit and uncorked. thanks. mike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted April 18, 2006 - 01:59 PM

It's shown on a couple different pages, but it's specifically called out on page 15-22 (3rd picture down). Page 15-17 has the best breakdown picture and the damper rod clearly shows the rebound adjuster screw on it, but it's not called out in that diagram.

• Koko Azuela

Posted April 18, 2006 - 03:41 PM

I looked all over the bottom of the shock, (like on my yz) but didnt see any adjuster, i checked the service manuel but it didnt mention it either. is there any rebound adjustment on the rear shock? its a 2000 xr650r. would appriciate any help, the rear feels like a pogo stick over most high speed choppy stuff. thanks.

And it's only going to get a little better with some clicker adjustments, if you want to go really fast on the choppy stuff on a 650R you will need to revalve, and if you are looking for a high speed adjuster, the 650 shock doesn't have it, if you have a few bucks to spare (more like 1000) you could upgrade the rear with a CR500 shock like the Honda guys do, Precision Concepts and other shops do this, the CR shock has the high speed adjustments just like your blue bike :thumbsup:

• xdirtbikerx

Posted April 19, 2006 - 01:26 PM

Took my bike out last night up to Cleveland nat forest behind my house, before going, i looked where you said, i feel pretty stupid now but there it was. pretty small, compared to my yz, but there none the less, awesome!, i gave it a couple of clicks and it is noticeably better, maybe a couple more clicks next time and i will start dialing it to my liking, thanks again. mike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.