'01 426 for an '03 KTM 400SX?

10 replies to this topic
  • sldietz

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:55 AM

Good trade or not? both bikes in excellent condition...buddy has an '02 KTM 400 SX he will trade straight across for my 426...he just picked it up from a guy that needed to get rid of it ASAP...my bike is in my garage of pics..check it out...but do you think it's a worthy trade or should I keep my 426?

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbsup:

• jamieyz426f01

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:58 AM

keep the 426 man!:thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:12 AM

Keep the Yamaha.

• whoops dude

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:29 AM

why does he want to trade?

• sldietz

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:31 AM

He's just going to sell it right away...he rides an '05 450x...he comes across these deals all the time..buys them...sells them for a small profit. He just wanted to know if I was interested in it..then he'd sell my 426. Just wanted to know if it was a nicer bike than the 426...I know it's a bit lighter...down on power though...6 speed tranny...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRF250dude26

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:55 AM

I would not trade, your bike is to nice.

• SureBlue

Posted April 18, 2006 - 12:47 PM

Guess which one is selling easier, your well maintained bullet proof 426 or a KTM400? Does your friend get more or less profit selling the KTM or first trading it with you and then selling your's? :thumbsup:

• sldietz

Posted April 18, 2006 - 12:55 PM

He'd actually make more off the KTM. Its not about profit here...what Im interested in is if the KTM is a better bike for riding like Hollister...Clear Creek..etc etc...a track ride every now and then...I know the power is more linear on the KTM...and would prob be less of hassle to ride trails with if it were geared right...my 426 is a great bike....so I was just wanting opinions.

• jbrooks26

Posted April 18, 2006 - 01:28 PM

Bottom line, your opinion is going to be the only one that counts. I suggest you and your buddy get together and go ride so you can do some side by side comparison and just see what you think. Most likely you will know right away which one is for you. Just ride it and see if you like it.

Josh

• SureBlue

Posted April 18, 2006 - 06:34 PM

He'd actually make more off the KTM. Its not about profit here...what Im interested in is if the KTM is a better bike for riding like Hollister...Clear Creek..etc etc...a track ride every now and then...I know the power is more linear on the KTM...and would prob be less of hassle to ride trails with if it were geared right...my 426 is a great bike....so I was just wanting opinions.

The KTM is a nice bike for trails and woods, no doubt about it. You will probably end up wrenching it more than your 426. And still about resale value, around here you would get better price for your Yamaha, and if not better, at least it would be 3 times easier to sell than the KTM. But guess it is different here in Europe. Try to find out if the crank bearings and clutch are replaced on the KTM already.
But if you like it, trade!

• 2fastwhitey

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:52 PM

Dude your 426 is sweet! It looks like you got a lot of wrench time in it. I would think from your garage pictures that your riding still would suit the 426 better than the KTM.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.