Stage 1 dyno Jet Kit (jet sizes)

2 replies to this topic
  • ACMoodz

Posted April 18, 2006 - 08:56 AM

My XRs only header and muffler just arrived, as well as a dynojet stage 1 kit. Does any one know what size jets (pilot / main) comes in the kit? (05, XR650L)

Any help would be appriciated!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:04 AM

It comes with no pilot jet, and 2 jets that are sized differently than keihin jets. (unless they've finally updated the darn kit...)

Aftermarket exhaust, you'll want to use the larger jet (I think they call it a 65).

You will want to put in a larger pilot jet. 55 or maybe 58.

Dave

• rkuckkahn

Posted April 19, 2006 - 11:42 AM

Personally I decided to stear clear of the dyno kit because of forum comments. You could go ahead an just by the larger jets. For 3800 feet elevation I use a 55 pilot 158 main with Uni air filter and White Bros. series E with 6 discs installed.

Those above jet numbers are Keihin numbers and I think I got them at Sunco.

The only other bit of information I've heard about the kit is that the needle they supply has a different tapper than a shimmed stock needle(thans why the jets are provided as they are in the kit). So the result is that the needle is relied on more, to supply various amounts of fuel, rather than jets. In the end the power band is not as even or smooth vs. swapping jets. I don't know if that makes any sense to you but I guess the kit is ok not great.

If you decide you don't like the kit results, which I have heard from some, go to swapping the jets, shim the stock needle .025", drill the slide holes and use the stock spring.........that's what I did and it's runs super.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.