Xr650l rack and lowering link

6 replies to this topic
  • fembree

Posted April 18, 2006 - 07:24 AM

Hey everyone,
This is a awesome website, I uncorked my XR and the info on this site was bang on and worked exactly as planned.
Does anyone recommend a rear rack, happy trails and pro-billet has some is there any others in Canada?
I also bought a lowering link has anyone got any good or bad feedback on them?
FRED

• Maniak

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:12 AM

I want to get a rack for my bike but dont really like the billet ones, I put a devol lower link on my 04 650L and it droped the seat a little, good thing. :thumbsup:

• lrutt

Posted April 18, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Koubalink and XRsonly billet rack. both shipped fast, in good shape, and work great. XRsonly rack was cheapest billet type I could find. much better than the happy trails I think for the money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kelleyseiler

Posted April 18, 2006 - 01:12 PM

Here is a couple of pics of my 2006 XRL. I have a happy trails rack and a performance design link.http://i43.photobuck...yTrailsRack.jpg
http://i43.photobuck...50/HPIM0300.jpg

I love my rack, I cut the diamond plate and put it on myself.

• fembree

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the info I'll check it out, did anyone notice better handling from the lowering link.
How much did you have to lower the front forks?
FRED

• kelleyseiler

Posted May 29, 2006 - 05:24 PM

I lowered my forks about 1 1/2 inches

• justicedone

Posted May 29, 2006 - 08:27 PM

I have the same link, but didnt lower the forks since the TeraFlex already raised the rear about 1.5in over stock when mounting. The link doesnt change the handling on mine, just the ability to lower a leg on a rocky mess of a steep ass uphill when needed :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.