Spanking new 426!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • eater_of_dirt

Posted October 13, 2001 - 12:48 PM

WHOHOOOO!!! Im picking up a spanking new 426 from the dealer on monday! I plan on performing most of the mods mentioned (BK, octopus, remote hot-start, suspension valving/adjust) but I am curious as to who makes 3rd party carbs for the WR. I bought a Qwiksilver pumper for my 250, and WOW, that thing RULES. So I am curious as to whether they make them for WRs.

Anyway, im pumped as all hell, since I know how fast this thing is after riding my friends (and how slow my XR250 is in comparison!).

Later

• mdek

Posted October 13, 2001 - 02:30 PM

no need to replace the carb

• littlemeh

Posted October 16, 2001 - 04:18 PM

eater of dirt,

I just bought my 426 a week and half ago. I can tell you that this is by far the fastest bike I have ever ridden. I sit here and think about all of the upgrades that are available and I can't imagine why I would want to make this bike any faster! The only mods that I have done on this bike are the throttle and grey wire. I was very impressed by the noticable difference of the low and mid-range after cutting this wire!

Anyway, congrats on the new bike!

- Littlemeh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slashman

Posted October 16, 2001 - 04:21 PM

very cool, congrats on the new bike you will like it.

------------------
wr42601
yz timed now
some mods

• Maicoman

Posted October 17, 2001 - 07:07 AM

I can't wait anymore, my '02 is suppose to get here in two weeks from Toronto. Posted Image

Does anyone know if the Canandian models need the grey wire fix ?

• DTRS

Posted October 17, 2001 - 08:18 AM

IS the gray wire a fix for the 01 426

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.