plates for '06 BRP in Ca.

3 replies to this topic
  • amaltman

Posted April 17, 2006 - 01:59 PM

just got my new xr dual sport, dual plated in Ca. not hard at all. lotta guys out there tryin to help us newbies but some giving bad info or their opinions stated as fact. step 1, join tt get 10% of purchase of baja designs quick kit, everything you need, and the bubble sig lights on fender pass, plus very nice mounting, add a mirror, go to CHP ask for form 888, read it, (states what bike must have to comply,) ask chp for list of offical light/brake insp. stations while there, take $65 and pass light/brake insp, take light certificate, form 888 and the original title (arrange for finance co to send if not in hand,) to DMV ( must have orig. title,) and $95, you sign a compliance form, they inspect bike for vin#s, sign some more paper and you got it. I did the dual reg. ohv and off, for green sticker purposes, extra $20, but your covered in land management areas, highway vehicles must pay a user fee. Step 2, uncork if you havnt allready, then jump on, and try not to float the front wheel too much! listening to all the gossip (even my dealer said it couldnt be done anymore) almost had me buyin an L. good luck, Allan

• Naru

Posted April 17, 2006 - 09:22 PM

Some people out there are fortunate to live next to DMV's that either don't fully understand the rules or are lax about checking them. Unfortunately, at least down here in San Diego, they'll lock you down at the door before you even have a chance to see anyone. Heck, I went in to the DMV because of an error with how they street registered my bike back before the ban was enacted, and the woman tried to take my plate then and there saying the bike was improperly registered, not realizing that it was done during the grace period.

Bottom line is, if you get your bike through, you are fortunate. But it is good to hear that some people are getting bikes through, as there are a lot of DMV's in the state to hit up if others aren't receptive. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Potts228

Posted April 18, 2006 - 04:26 PM

just got my new xr dual sport, dual plated in Ca. not hard at all. lotta guys out there tryin to help us newbies but some giving bad info or their opinions stated as fact. step 1, join tt get 10% of purchase of baja designs quick kit, everything you need, and the bubble sig lights on fender pass, plus very nice mounting, add a mirror, go to CHP ask for form 888, read it, (states what bike must have to comply,) ask chp for list of offical light/brake insp. stations while there, take $65 and pass light/brake insp, take light certificate, form 888 and the original title (arrange for finance co to send if not in hand,) to DMV ( must have orig. title,) and $95, you sign a compliance form, they inspect bike for vin#s, sign some more paper and you got it. I did the dual reg. ohv and off, for green sticker purposes, extra $20, but your covered in land management areas, highway vehicles must pay a user fee. Step 2, uncork if you havnt allready, then jump on, and try not to float the front wheel too much! listening to all the gossip (even my dealer said it couldnt be done anymore) almost had me buyin an L. good luck, Allan

What city do you live in and what DMV did you go to?

Thanks

• Johnnyaggro

Posted April 18, 2006 - 04:58 PM

What city do you live in and what DMV did you go to?

Thanks

Don't go to temecula, ca. My friend just got turned down after the vin check.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.