making a yzf450 into a enduro racing machine

27 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:11 AM

my buddy goosedog runs a +12 in his 02,hasn't slowed him down any. he says he loves it,so +10 should do just fine :crazy:

• Zique

Posted April 28, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Will I loose top end speed by going heavier? I apologize, but like I said, I've never worried much about FW, so i don't know much about them and their effects. I am just going by a few things I've heard.

This is the plan right now
--> Aftermarket stator from Electrex ($125)
-->+10 FW ($90)
-->Total ($215)
Does that sound about right?

• ncmountainman

Posted April 28, 2006 - 01:55 PM

no if anything it might just increase top speed(more inertia)and the bikes gonna hook up better. nothin's cheap in the world of dirtbikes :ride: its money well spent though,especially if ya gotta have lights :crazy:

• Zique

Posted April 28, 2006 - 02:36 PM

Cool...

So I was thinking. What if I purchase a WR stator and a +10 FW made for the WR (or just use a stock rotor since that is heavier anyway). Would that be the same set-up...the reason I ask is that I have heard the WR stator is rated at 120W!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted April 30, 2006 - 03:22 PM

if its a 426 i think thats possible(you might want to cofirm with someone who knows for sure) but 450's do not share the same flywheels and cannot be interchanged from wr to yz :crazy:

• Zique

Posted April 30, 2006 - 04:07 PM

Well, the only way to use a WR flywheel is to use a WR stator as well. It is interchangable that way, but you have to do both or none. Does that make sense? Do you know how I could find out how much heavier the WR flywheel is? If it is already 10oz heavier than I will just get a regular stock one.

• ncmountainman

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:08 AM

not if its a 450,they will not interchange. :crazy: on the 450's it is 13 oz heavier(there is also the starter gear and clutch), i don't know what it is on the 426's? probly about the same.

• Zique

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:40 AM

Sounds good, I'll just go OEM WR stator and flywheel. Sounds like that is right around what I want. Thanks ncmountainman! :crazy:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.