Baja Designs Running Light

2 replies to this topic
  • DSTerry

Posted April 16, 2006 - 08:27 AM

I just received my Baja Designs headlight assembly. I did some research and found that they make up to a 35W bulb in the W2.1x9.5d and many other wattages in between that I could replace the stock running light with.

Has anyone upgraded this bulb to a higher wattage in the baja designs headlight. The only concern I have is the rubber mounting that the bulb sits in, and how much heat it can take before melting.

I powered the 3watt bulb and I could pretty much hold it in my fingers after it had been on for a while, but it was very warm. So I was think of a 10W, but I don't know if the rubber mounting can handle it.

I wanted something that I could use as a backup in case my engine dies at night. I figure a 10W would be decent.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted April 16, 2006 - 09:35 AM

I've got the old baja designs setup and I have the 90/100W bulb. I think is is an Acerbis assembly. I have a big rubber boot behind the H4 bulb. No burning rubber smell. It's been OK for 2+ years. :thumbsup:

• DSTerry

Posted April 16, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Yes, I have the same type of setup with the big rubber boot behind the H4 bulb.

I was more wondering about the small running light bulb. The difference is the running light bulb is held in place by a rubber boot. So the glass of the bulb is partially enclosed in the boot, and it will see most of the heat that the bulb generates. But I don't know if the older stlye has that.

Thanks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.